18 Mar 2023
Part-Time Veterinary Criticalist – Tuburan
We are looking for a seasoned veterinarian to join our team. The Veterinarian is in charge of providing and managing high-quality health and medical services to ensure that the entire animal collection is well-cared after. This includes, but is not limited to, diagnosing and treating illness and injuries, maintaining a preventive medical program, adhering to quarantine protocols, caring for animals recovering from illness or injury, performing post-mortem examinations, running a full-service clinic, and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory agencies.
Job Title : Veterinary Criticalist
Location : Tuburan, Basilan Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 42.8 per hour.
Company : SNPLA
Job Type : Part-Time
- Performs high-quality sterilizing surgery for adopted animal population management in a fast-paced shelter environment. Routine veterinarian care includes triage, physical exams, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick and injured animals, minor surgery, vaccines, and testing.
- When vaccination is appropriate, vaccinates all animals not currently vaccinated against rabies prior to release, and certifies all animals released from quarantine observation as rabies-free. Provides animal bite victims with information, including the procedures they should take to safeguard their personal safety.
- Ability to get animal data from employees, enter dispositions into a computer, and prepare monthly and weekly reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Provides personnel with training in animal husbandry, ethical animal handling, cleanliness and disease prevention, basic animal behavior, medical care, surgical assistance (intake and discharge), and animal first aid; Assists in the correct training, appraisal, and execution of animal injection euthanasia. Examines all seized animals and orders their euthanasia if any are sick or injured.
- Performs physical examinations, diagnostic tests, surgical, and dental operations successfully. Clients are informed about their pets’ diagnoses, treatment options, preventive health care, and nutritional requirements.
- Establishes and follows written medical treatment protocols. Ability to interpret animal-control ordinances, legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as city policies. Ability to respond to questions from the public and city officials; Assist in the prompt and successful settlement of issues.
- Ability to obtain and control euthanasia drugs and equipment, as well as ensure that supplies and equipment are used correctly in accordance with all applicable state and federal rules and laws. Ability to stay updated on market trends and innovations in the animal sheltering business.
- Policy and procedures for the care and use of laboratory animals, including per diem costs in the Animal Facility, are being revised, updated, and developed.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all relevant logs are kept up to date according to established protocols.
- Collects detailed information from clients and listens to and comprehends their concerns and desires.
- Knowledge of MedARKs and ZIMS in conjunction with medical and/or other medical record-keeping systems.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Veterinary Medical Doctor (VMD), or equivalent veterinary medicine degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary medicine college or equivalent.
- Must be able to work in a group setting while also being able to complete tasks with little supervision.
- To deal with ultra-potent narcotics, you must have a federal DEA license and a controlled substance registration.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities are required.