26 May 2023
Part-Time Vetco Veterinary Assistant – Shubrā al-Khaymah
A veterinarian is currently needed to join our team. The incumbent’s main responsibilities will include providing veterinary health treatment to animals as well as offering guidance on animal care and maintenance. He or she will also keep an eye on animal health and wellbeing in accordance with animal welfare rules.
Job Title : Vetco Veterinary Assistant
Location : Shubrā al-Khaymah, Al-Qalyūbiyyah, Egypt
Salary : $ 42.58 per hour.
Company : GoodVets
Job Type : Part-Time
- Ability to receive animal data from employees, enter dispositions into a computer, and prepare monthly and weekly reports according to established procedures.
- When immunization is appropriate, all animals not already vaccinated against rabies are vaccinated, and all animals released from quarantine observation are certified as rabies-free. Provides advice to animal bite victims, including the procedures they should take to guarantee their safety.
- In order to develop partnerships, gathers detailed information from clients and listens to and understands their concerns and needs.
- To get AAALAC certification, you must establish and maintain a laboratory animal care and use program.
- Ability to obtain and regulate euthanasia drugs and equipment, as well as ensure proper supply and equipment usage in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations and legislation Ability to stay up to date on current animal shelter trends and developments.
- Performs physical examinations, diagnostic procedures, surgical, and dental operations successfully. Clients are informed about pet diagnosis, treatment programs, preventive health care, and nutritional requirements.
- Creates and follows medical treatment procedures that are specific to each patient. Ability to interpret local animal control ordinances, legislation, rules & regulations, and city policies. Capacity to respond to public enquiries from citizens and city leaders; Assist in resolving issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all required logs are kept up-to-date according to specified procedures.
- Provides high-quality sterilization surgery for the population management of adopted animals in a fast-paced shelter setting. Routine veterinarian care includes things like triage, physical exams, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick or injured animals, minor surgery, vaccines, and testing.
- Employees receive training in animal husbandry, humane animal handling, cleanliness and disease control, basic animal behavior, medical care, surgical support (intake and discharge), and animal first aid. Assists in animal euthanasia via injection training, evaluation, and execution. Examines all seized animals and orders their euthanasia if any are sick or injured.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities are required.
- Understanding of the ZIMS medical record-keeping system.
- It is necessary to have a DVM, VMD, or similar degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary school.
- Must be able to operate in a group setting and execute tasks with little supervision.
- Possess (or obtain) a Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license and a restricted substances registration.