25 May 2023
Full-Time TRADE FINANCE, LETTER OF CREDIT & CREDIT ADMINISTRATION OFFICER – Malda
Working closely with and mentoring the Directors of Credit and Risk, the Credit Manager oversees credit risk monitoring, new customer investigations, and collection activities across many industries. In the near future, this role will place a greater emphasis on using reporting and systems to boost efficiency throughout the credit and collections process.
Job Title : TRADE FINANCE, LETTER OF CREDIT & CREDIT ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Location : Malda, West Bengal, India
Salary : $ 30.91 per hour.
Company : Confidential
Job Type : Full-Time
- Develop trusting partnerships with clients and regularly check in with them by phone and email to maximize your impact.
- Oversee the filing of liens and lien releases and consult with legal counsel when appropriate.
- Manage the collection efforts of credit team members. Investigate, document, and resolve any unresolved concerns or balances. Resolve any outstanding collection concerns. Interact with the customer and the sales team to aid with collections as needed.
- Trends, collection-related actions, and risk can all be monitored with the help of the data and analytics you send to upper management. Suggestions for better management of high-risk accounts should be included in each report on those accounts.
- Build and keep up a network of contacts in the legal, collecting, credit bureau, and other relevant economic fields.
- oversee, create, and manage all policies and programs relating to credit and collections. The department oversees credit monitoring, collections, and customer onboarding.
- Using a manage by exception approach, the credit department should always look for new ways to automate, streamline, or remove operations in order to enhance processes and save costs.
- Ensure that your company’s accounts receivable amounts are reasonable given your current financial situation and the state of the economy.
- Resolving issues with collections and/or deductions that are particularly difficult may necessitate consulting with management and the relevant employees.
- Various receivable aging data should be checked on a regular basis to determine whether accounts need to be further engaged.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and make sound decisions in a timely manner are all essential qualities.
- Possessing strong skills in customer service, interpersonal communication, negotiating, and the ability to effectively communicate and manage across all levels of a business and with remote employees is crucial.
- Required reading includes business and trade journals, news articles, financial reports, and legal documents.
- High level of integrity and dependability, as well as a strong feeling of urgency and outcomes oriented.
- 3+ years of advanced financial and credit leadership experience, preferably in the petroleum, industrial, and/or construction industries.