25 May 2023
Full-Time Temp Assistant Food Editor – Tirupati
We’re searching for an Associate Editor to join our team of hardworking, food-obsessed writers and editors. The ideal applicant should be able to produce and update articles, recipe galleries, and recipe head notes depending on search keywords and current research. This individual will develop dynamic content, edit text, and assist other editors in creating stories for several platforms. This position is an essential member of the editing team, with a focus on writing and editing material related to recipes, methods, and all areas of home cooking.
Job Title : Temp Assistant Food Editor
Location : Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India
Salary : $ 20.37 per hour.
Company : GeistM
Job Type : Full-Time
- Improve your journals to ensure that the Editors in Chief and Editorial Board Members (EBM) on whom we depend are as engaged as possible.
- Writing and publishing service-oriented pieces for print and web, ranging from product recommendations to technique primers to interviews with chefs or home cooks.
- Ease the coordination of content production and editorial direction across the editorial staff, external resources, and other departments.
- Consider the substance of a piece before it is aired and give it a thorough review to ensure that it does not include any anything that is inappropriate for the airwaves.
- Develop positive relationships with members of the production, JEO, IT, and other divisions of the company. That way, if something goes wrong with your diary, it can be fixed right away.
- Check commercials from the beginning to ensure that they adhere to corporate brand standards and regulatory regulations, and examine a broad variety of marketing, scientific, and other information that supports the claims made in advertisements.
- Make sure to always keep an eye out for and evaluate departmental systems and processes, with the goal of coming up with and putting in place new ideas that will help us do business better,
- Establishing a planning document for each piece that offers authors with validated sources, background information, formatting requirements, and publication dates is an important step.
- Conceptualizing how recipes and tales may be integrated into the brand’s overall editorial strategy, as well as brainstorming and presenting concepts for all media (digital, print, social, podcast, video, etc)
- Make sure you are aware of the yearly targets for journal submissions, publication and transfer volumes, and their respective target turnaround times.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work with workers at all levels as well as cooperate with a team on a regular basis are required.
- An understanding of web-based publishing and content management systems, including Adobe Photoshop, as well as a familiarity with these technologies.
- Possesses the capacity to converse with individuals from other departments (Art, Photography, and the Test Kitchen), as well as from various levels inside the company and from outside sources
- Ability to efficiently manage a large number of competing priorities and a large volume of time-sensitive work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment is required.
- Three to five years of experience working in the media, writing, or a related profession is preferable. Reporting and editing abilities are a must, along with a working grasp of SEO and the best practices for creating newsletters.