26 May 2023
Full-Time Technologist blood bank – Dagohoy
The Lab Technician supports laboratory personnel in their tasks. Lab Technicians are doing an increasing number of responsibilities as time goes on. As part of quality assurance, lab technicians are in charge of monitoring processes and testing goods. They execute repetitive lab chores such as setting up lab equipment and preparing chemical solutions under the supervision of scientists and other team members. In addition, they run tests, evaluate and analyze data, collect results, write reports, and present their findings.
Job Title : Technologist blood bank
Location : Dagohoy, Bohol Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 23.07 per hour.
Company : Brooklyn Hospital Center
Job Type : Full-Time
- To protect oneself, colleagues, the environment, and the safety of the community, one must guarantee that all work programs have proper safety attitudes, procedures, and housekeeping.
- Keeps lab equipment clean and in working condition, and conducts other chores as specified.
- Preparing, weighing, and combusting samples, Assist Regulatory Laboratories personnel with set-up, spiking, sample processing, and analysis.
- Ensure timely product throughput through the lab work queue, as well as a thorough understanding of the Lab Scope and all related lab paperwork and processes.
- Mix and evaluate various products to aid with batch changes, root-cause investigations or the assessment of new products, Analytical methodologies for raw materials, in-process materials, and final product materials should be used.
- The addition of chromatography column packing, cycle studies, stability studies, material production, and certain analytical aid to the list of tasks is possible (HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE).
- Assists in the orientation and training of new workers, students, and residents by using defined competence and workstation operating criteria. In the responsibilities assigned to this role, it is necessary to keep an eye on and replenish supplies, and it is also necessary to make efficient use of the materials and reagents available.
- An experienced technologist or a supervisor or manager must be present to supervise and verify complex tests. Recognizes and adheres to criteria for important, abnormal, and unsatisfactory test findings.
- The preparation of buffers, the maintenance of equipment, the general care of the laboratory, the inventory of common materials, and the coordination of these operations with the other technicians will be the primary tasks of the core lab.
- Making suggestions when appropriate, participating in assessment and presenting of outcomes in a variety of settings Analysis and reporting findings are done with minimum supervision.
- Extensive education and/or relevant work experience are required for this position A four-year college or university degree in chemistry or a closely related discipline
- People often communicate or perform other sensory functions by using their hands and arms. Office employees are often required to stand, move, and sit at their desks. To do their job, a person must routinely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds off the ground.
- Two- and three-syllable words and the ability to compare word and number sequences. Simple writing and speaking capabilities.
- Diploma from high school or GED, Completed at least twelve semester units in chemistry or bacteriology, One year of testing and analyzing in a laboratory
- Gaining the ability to do addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with tens, hundreds, and two-digit numbers. Use of American currency as well as weight, volume, and distance measurement to perform these tasks.