26 May 2023
Full-Time Substitute School Bus Driver – Chittaurgarh
As a Bus Driver, you will be overseen by a manager, dispatcher, or training. In this profession, you will be driving a school bus or van along defined bus routes, delivering school-aged children. A School Bus driver may also carry diverse customers on charter trips.
Job Title : Substitute School Bus Driver
Location : Chittaurgarh, Rajasthan, India
Salary : $ 27.82 per hour.
Company : Nassau BOCES
Job Type : Full-Time
- Before and after each journey, make sure the vehicle and its specific equipment are completely examined, and submit the relevant papers to the administration.
- Make sure that the assigned vehicle and all of its component parts are maintained in compliance with the company’s standards in order to ensure the safety of the vehicle, decrease wear, and extend its lifespan.
- Control vehicle keys, fueling slip receipts, pre-trip and post-trip documentation, and turn them in to dispatch when required.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment on the assigned bus at all times, which includes cleaning, wiping down all seats and the roof, sweeping, and washing the bus.
- Always promote the goodwill of the firm by cooperating with coworkers, supervisors, and other passengers.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times by following to your workplace’s dress code as well as your personal hygiene.
- An adapted elevator may be used to board and release people with disabilities in a manner that is both safe and considerate.
- Safely operate a vehicle on a specified route in a timely and safe manner, transporting passengers to and from specified locations and completing related tasks.
- Maintain, read, and understand the route sheets, including time modifications, and notify the supervisor of any changes quickly. The best way to keep up good work habits is to stick to a regular schedule and take just a small number of breaks.
- Fill out all appropriate paperwork and reports before, during, and after each voyage. Use suitable procedures to examine each vehicle. Operate and stop the vehicle as needed to allow individuals to enter or disembark.
- Be able to lift, store, and disassemble/assemble wheelchairs weighing up to 40 pounds, as well as any other ambulatory equipment necessary by the passenger.
- A valid Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger and School Bus endorsements is required.
- A minimum of three years of documented driving experience is required. In the previous three years, there had been no more than two moving infractions and one avoidable accident.
- The ideal applicant would be adaptable, collaborative, and prepared to fill in as needed.
- As a precaution, the driver of a school bus is required to apply the emergency brake pedal or to activate the air-brake button before loading or unloading pupils.