Part-Time Sr. Economist , Automated Inventory Management – Lagayan
The Economist uses a wide variety of economic and public policy skills while researching subjects. The function necessitates cross-examining business and intervention witnesses. On utility petitions for changes in base rate revenue needs, base revenue distributions, rate design, extra surcharges, and financing arrangements, reviewing, analyzing, and presenting verbally and in writing recommendations to the Commission. Furthermore, the Economist is active in all phases of assigned cases, including making information requests, questioning expert witnesses during hearings, writing memoranda and policy recommendations, and composing sections of orders.
Job Title : Sr. Economist , Automated Inventory Management
Location : Lagayan, Abra Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 41.1 per hour.
Company : Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Job Type : Part-Time
- Previous patterns must be considered when analyzing and forecasting market activity.
- Plan the study, organize the execution, and report on the findings based on issues raised by research sponsors, management, or senior staff.
- Be a part of the department’s progress, including the introduction of new and innovative solutions to business demands.
- Under the supervision of an experienced senior economist, economic research, appraisal, and interpretation, benefit estimation, and reporting are all carried out.
- It is necessary to do data analysis utilizing mathematical models and statistical approaches.
- Communicate and transmit economic concepts and quantitative data to non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing, and interact with other economists and top-level executives.
- Surveys may be used to obtain economic data, compare prior data to current conditions, and discover essential economic features for well-defined initiatives.
- Contributes to strategic planning activities by recommending timetables and techniques for the delivery of economic and financial data in order to meet defined reporting standards, processes and procedures.
- Conduct research on a number of economic policy issues for both public and private sector clients (e.g. market research, surveys, project and impact evaluations, etc.)
- Collect and analyze existing data, as well as undertake research to uncover new data sources for analytic purposes.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, willing to learn, and capable of taking on leadership duties in order to be considered for this role.
- Accurate written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to tailor communications to a wide range of different audiences.
- Teaching responsibilities in a college or institution that included both classroom instruction and one of the following: (1) personal research that gave proof of results, (2) supervision of graduate theses in economics, or (3) consulting or advising on technical economics difficulties.
- Knowledge of the most recent economics academic research on entrepreneurship, small company, employment, and labor market dynamics is essential.
- A total of 21 semester hours in economics, plus three semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus, were required.