26 May 2023
Full-Time Sous Chef – Dining Events – Ibadan
As head of the culinary department, the Executive Chef is in charge of overseeing all aspects of the kitchen’s food budget. The Executive Chef is also in charge of ensuring that the kitchen, food preparation rooms, food storage areas, and the service line are kept spotless and free of hazards. It is their job to hire and train kitchen personnel, as well as to supervise them. It is the responsibility of the Executive Chef to show in their performance that they adhere to set rules and procedures, demonstrating the required qualities of attendance and timeliness.
Job Title : Sous Chef – Dining Events
Location : Ibadan, Oyo, Nigeria
Salary : $ 29.6 per hour.
Company : The Restaurants at Great Jones
Job Type : Full-Time
- More accountability improves customer service. Clarify what employees can and can’t do. Educate your staff on how to satisfy visitors.
- Creates new goods and enhances existing ones for the guest meals. Attend to the needs of both the visitors and the market as they now stand. Swap out that part of the dish. Conducting market research can help you develop new goods and menus.
- Profit-loss factors must be managed. Pays all kitchen/restaurant operational costs. Set margins and manage by predictions. Food production planning and controls
- Develop and market a daily menu meal-kit offering. Keep Aramark’s food selection and quality high. reducing wastage via the use of standardized menus, recipes, supplies, and labor. Proper processes for procurement and the whole chain of supply must be followed. Using the Food Framework. Make sure you double-check all food requisitions and purchases. Equipment that is in good working order.
- Management system that monitors food and supply expenditures, current inventory, analyzes spending in respect to budget goals, projects future purchase and storage needs, and supports budget planning and preparation.
- Communicate the significance of safety procedures, describe procedure codes, and ensure staff awareness of safety regulations.
- It is essential that food expenses, controls, and compliance are all taken care of. maintain stock levels by creating menus Set high expectations for the quality of the food and service you get.
- Catering and food service enterprises must adhere to occupational and environmental safety standards.. Observe all safety, health, and wage-and-hour rules and legislation.
- The Execution Framework has a direct impact on culinary output. Ensures that food is prepared, produced, presented, and served in a suitable manner. Supervises the kitchen staff to ensure the quality of the cuisine. An instructor who teaches kitchen and culinary staff. Setting forth what is required and how it is to be done Motivate the workforce. Set up daily meetings for your team. Be sure you keep track of all employee training, as well as opening and closing checklists for each shift. Multitasking and simplicity are essential.
- Management is in charge of hiring, training, and developing people in their department, as well as overseeing the department’s operations in line with federal, state, and local labor and civil rights regulations. They are also in charge of dealing with employee complaints and difficulties.
- Managing team members proactively, a nutrition background, Pass drug and background tests
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills Restaurant kitchen and service line supervisory and training experience Excellent work ethic: punctual, reliable, cooperative, and team oriented.
- Two years as a chef Strong culinary experience and ability to keep up with trends Has excellent leadership and communication abilities, and can execute corporate rules.
- A high school graduation or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED), as well as a minimum of six years of experience working in the culinary, food and beverage, or a similar professional sector are required. a degree in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or a comparable field with a minimum of 2 years of study from an institution that is regionally or nationally recognized; four years of experience in the culinary arts, the food and beverage industry, or a professional field closely connected to these fields
- By employing Chef, marketing and promotional food dishes may be produced. Positivity is required, as well as membership in the hotel’s Leadership Committee.