25 May 2023
Part-Time Senior EOD ROV Engineering Technician – Al Manqaf
An Engineering Technician assists engineers with tasks such as prototype electromechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, and specialized test equipment design, test, verification, modification, fabrication, and assembly.
Job Title : Senior EOD ROV Engineering Technician
Location : Al Manqaf, Al Aḩmadī, Kuwait
Salary : $ 28.31 per hour.
Company : Hitachi Energy
Job Type : Part-Time
- Calculates ratios, volumes, angles, grades, construction quantities, and other project components as required by the given project; offers cost estimates; and validates calculations supplied by third-party contractors utilizing deep knowledge of engineering principles and methods.
- Examines a variety of residential and commercial plans, plats, permits, reports, and studies for ordinances and construction standards compliance; assesses designs and provides preliminary conclusions on technical compliance difficulties. Working with third-party architects and engineers to resolve issues and offer code compliance direction; evaluating and assessing the impact of the planned project; and making recommendations for approval and/or remedial actions to address deviations or violations
- Analyzes a range of engineering and operational data to support County infrastructure; compile, study and analyze staking out design components in the field for building projects and participating in field and topographical surveys for design assignments road condition evaluation and remedial procedures to repair or resurface roads; ensuring that on-site construction is completed in accordance with the plans and specifications laid forth for it; is in charge of several fiefs.
- Meeting with design consultants and writing emails and bulk mailings to discuss the project are part of engineering customer service. In addition, it entails responding to construction inquiries as well as community issues and complaints. Organizing public outreach is also a part of it.
- To fix equipment that has mechanically failed or ceased operating. Solving issues (when necessary). Replacing old or damaged components, motors, and controls are some of the tasks you will be tasked with.
- All necessary permits and contract documents are prepared; construction specifications are developed and reviewed for compliance with established rules and regulations; bid proposals are organized and cost estimates are calculated; materials, labor, and equipment costs are reviewed for accuracy; and technical construction guidance is provided as necessary.
- A list of duties and responsibilities for this post is as follows: Although responsibilities aren’t explicitly stated in job descriptions, identical or related tasks might nonetheless be assigned to the same classification. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned to your position.
- Among his or her responsibilities include keeping electronic and hardcopy records of daily department activity; completing project records and design/drawing files for assigned projects; and keeping database files up to date as needed.
- GIS, CADD, and GPS technologies are used to plan engineering projects. Engineering drawing requirements and details, together with maps and other displays connected to public infrastructure, are the responsibility of this role. It also contributes to bigger and more sophisticated projects.
- Interprets maps and plats; provides written legal descriptions of property; compiles information on grant, permit, and environmental regulations compliance; and prepares and/or updates various maps using CAD.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related subject of study, or an equivalent engineering degree, is required for this job.
- Prior to their appointment, all candidates who have been provisionally accepted for VA employment in a testing specified job must undergo a urine screening for the detection of illicit drug use. Candidates who refuse to take the exam will be rejected by the VA.
- It is required to have a solid knowledge of computer operations and software for highway design. As necessary or requested, makes use of computer-related tools including AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble, the internet, spreadsheets (including Microsoft Excel) and word processors (including Microsoft Word).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are essential.
- For this position, you’ll require three years of surveying, drawing, and civil engineering job experience at the sub-professional level; or an equivalent mix of training and work experience.