25 May 2023
Full-Time Senior Economist – Doha
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead and encourage teams across our organization to use data to address critical customer problems. The Economist will contribute to the creation and implementation of solutions that range from descriptive analytic insights to advanced algorithms or models in terms of analytic complexity. From concept through delivery, the economist will assist in the development, execution, and coordination of studies, models, and projects that represent a strong understanding of business concerns and are aligned with project and company goals.
Job Title : Senior Economist
Location : Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Salary : $ 41.11 per hour.
Company : Monument Economics Group
Job Type : Full-Time
- Obtain and review current data, as well as conduct research to locate new data sources for analytic purposes.
- Determines and proposes economic and financial data delivery schedules and methods to satisfy specified reporting standards, processes, and procedures; assists in the development of budget and economic goals and objectives that are aligned with strategic planning activities.
- Communicate economic concepts and quantitative data to non-technical audiences orally and in writing, and work with other economists and top-level executives.
- Develop fresh and innovative solutions for the department’s toolbox and products.
- Contribute to economic policy research activities on behalf of public and private sector consumers (e.g. market research, surveys, project and impact evaluations, etc.)
- Surveys may be used to obtain economic data, compare prior data to current conditions, and discover essential economic features for well-defined initiatives.
- Conduct economic research, assess and interpret economic data, produce benefit estimates, and present results under the direction of a senior Economist.
- It is necessary to research previous trends in order to interpret and forecast market activity.
- It is necessary to analyze data using mathematical models and statistical approaches.
- Plan the research, organize the implementation, and present the findings depending on issues raised by research sponsors, management, or senior staff.
- Accurate written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to tailor communications to a wide range of different audiences.
- Three semester hours of statistics, accounting, or calculus were necessary in addition to at least 21 semester hours of economics.
- Teaching duties in a college or institution that involved both classroom instruction in economics courses and one of the following: (1) personal research with results, (2) direction of graduate theses in economics, or (3) consulting or advising on technical economics difficulties.
- It is necessary to consult recent economics academic literature on entrepreneurship, small businesses, employment, and labor market dynamics.
- The applicant must be self-motivated, willing to learn, and capable of taking on leadership duties in order to be considered for the role.