19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Secretary I – Burdwan
As a Secretary, you will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative assistance in order to improve office workflow practices. By assisting colleagues and executives with information preparation and distribution, you will be of use to them. You’ll be the go-to person for any questions, requests, or problems, and you’ll be an important member of the team.
Job Title : Secretary I
Location : Burdwan, West Bengal, India
Salary : $ 16.48 per hour.
Company : Gibson Dunn
Job Type : Full-Time
- Create one-of-a-kind reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries by gathering pertinent material from a variety of sources, such as reports, files, communications, or other offices.
- For regular questions about office program(s) or periodic reports, collect information from files or personnel, and forward non-routine requests to the organizational representative or staff. Explain the organization’s office procedures needs, coordinate staff and administrative forms for the office, and send for processing.
- Keep track of recurrent internal reports including time and attendance, office equipment inventories, correspondence controls, and training programs.
- Answer regular phone calls and direct visitors to relevant employees. Send mail, ensure staff response, and send boilerplate letters.
- Do not make a reservation without first obtaining permission. Make plans to attend conferences and compile any necessary background information. Assist in organizing meetings and putting together necessary background information. Can attend meetings and document them for a report.
- Your correspondence, telephone calls, and personal visits to the office will all be scrutinized and responded to personally. You can determine if your inquiries are being sent to the appropriate person or department.
- Outgoing documents and communications should be verified for internal consistency and conformity with the rules and procedures of the firm.
- Any new administrative processes should be communicated to the subordinate offices’ administrative staff, and information from the subordinate offices should be requested for periodic or special conferences, reports, and inquiries, as well as to accommodate the administrative burden.
- General office equipment (copiers and printers, fax machines and multifunctional devices, etc.) must be well-maintained and replenished at all times.
- Assemble conference call and meeting materials, including agendas, letters, and phone calls, in collaboration with your team.
- For this role, data entry and retrieval must be done using a computer, student information system, district financial system, or any other automated method.
- Successfully manage and prioritize several projects while completing assignments on time and on budget with little supervision.
- Secretarial positions need competence in Excel and Word, as well as excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- A high school diploma, two years of college or business school experience, and writing skills are required.
- You must be able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with employees, departments, and members of the general public..