26 May 2023
Full-Time Seasonal Laborer – Parks/Forestry – Palakkad
As a Forester at the Department of Natural Resources, you will be responsible for specialized technical work within the Division of Forestry (DNR). Your overall goal will be to guarantee that forest areas are properly developed, maintained, and used.
Job Title : Seasonal Laborer – Parks/Forestry
Location : Palakkad, Kerala, India
Salary : $ 23.49 per hour.
Company : Tectonic Engineering Consultants, Geologists & Land Surveyors, D.P.C.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Applications are reviewed, and either granted or denied, and applicants are notified of the grounds for refusal. Coordinate with municipal officials and engage in site clearance inspections to verify that plans presented are in accordance with municipal code and ordinance requirements. To check the accuracy of the information included in the plans that have been filed, coordinate inspections with inspectors at lower levels.
- There are a lot of things that this person does for the sale administration of the crop, like make sure the yearly thinning or harvesting schedule is correct, set up the road design and access rights-of-way, and do any other tasks that are needed for this..
- Maintaining the health and safety of the City’s tree stock and educating other Streets Division staff on proper tree care methods are the primary responsibilities of this position.
- Evaluate the status of county-managed forestland and contribute to the development of forest stewardship plans that will guide future restoration and management. Field data collection and analysis are used to assess the state of forest stands. Collaborate with employees and contractors to analyze the status of all newly acquired and newly acquired forestland parcels using the Forest Landscape Assessment Tool (FLAT).
- Tree and landscaping inspections are aided and participated in by municipal workers. Plant materials must be of acceptable quality, number and kind; protocols for conserving existing and planting new plants must be followed; and maintenance and care arrangements must be in place. These are all responsibilities of the landscape architect or designer.
- Keeping forestry-related websites current and creating new outreach materials are essential components of many different forestry efforts.
- Consults with other site plan review personnel (stormwater, zoning, transportation) to verify that the code requirements for other disciplines can be satisfied without conflicting with the tree and landscape code.
- On company- or privately-owned land, this vocation encompasses all aspects of forest management and harvest monitoring.
- In responsibility of ensuring that the region’s silviculture strategy and the yearly plan are implemented, field-verifying treatment candidates and providing management with information about the setting, negotiating contracts for silviculture and overseeing operations.
- Assumes responsibility for a variety of general forestry activities, including early- and mid-rotation work, contract administration, and any other responsibilities that may arise.
- Perform work outside requiring a degree of physical endurance; train personnel in tree and landscaping inspections; establish and maintain effective tree and landscaping inspection programs; conduct inspections and make diagnoses of pathological plant conditions. Ascertain the reparability of diseased or physically damaged trees. Review landscaping plans and draw sound conclusions regarding their acceptance or rejection. Enforce codes, ordinances, and regulations firmly, tactfully, and impartially.
- Excel and Word skills from Microsoft Office, as well as good verbal and written skills, are needed for this job.
- Six (6) months of experience in landscaping, forestry, nursery operations, or similar employment as well as six (6) months of experience in tree and landscape inspections are required for graduation from an authorized institution or university.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues, departments, and the general public are all a component of the job description.
- Expertise in all aspects of tree care from planting to trimming to disease inspection to disease eradication is required.