26 May 2023
Full-Time School Bus Van Driver – Rustenburg
A School Bus Driver provides safe, polite, and on-time transportation for all kids between their homes and their schools. A school bus driver is responsible for picking up and dropping off pupils at predetermined locations while following all state and department of education regulations.
Job Title : School Bus Van Driver
Location : Rustenburg, Rustenburg, South Africa
Salary : $ 30.46 per hour.
Company : Greenwood Lake Union Free School District
Job Type : Full-Time
- Take great effort to ensure that passengers can get to their destinations in a timely and safe manner by operating a designated route.
- Maintain a presentable appearance which includes being properly dressed according to company standards, neat grooming and good hygiene.
- Properly care for the assigned vehicle and its component parts as prescribed by the company to ensure safety, minimize wear and to extend its useful life.
- Assure that the vehicle and its specialized equipment are completely examined before to and after each journey, and submit all required papers to administration.
- A positive attitude toward your employees, bosses, and passengers will go a long way in promoting your company’s image.
- Maintain the allocated bus in a clean and hygienic condition at all times by sweeping, wiping down all seats and the roof, and washing it.
- Keep hold of your vehicle keys, fueling slip receipts, and other pre- and post-trip paperwork that your supervisor may want.
- Fill out all the necessary paperwork and reports before, during, and after each trip, following the required processes. Drive the vehicle in a safe and responsible manner, and stop when necessary to allow passengers to board and depart.
- Maintain, read, and understand route sheets, including time modifications, and notify the supervisor of any changes quickly. Make sure to keep up with routines by completing your regular duties and any extra outings on time and with as little absence as possible.
- Assist people with disabilities in boarding and disembarking from wheelchair lifts in a safe and responsible manner.
- Steps on emergency brake pedal or depresses air brake button prior to students loading or unloading bus, then pulls lever or depresses air brake button to release brake, depending on bus type.
- At least three years of documented driving experience is required. In the preceding three years, there had been no more than two moving infractions and one avoidable accident.
- Class B or higher commercial driver’s license required, as well as endorsements for passenger and school bus driving.
- The ideal candidate is versatile, works well in a team, and is willing to step in as required.
- Assemble/dismantle wheelchairs and other ambulatory aids with a maximum weight of 40 pounds and/or store them in a safe location.