26 May 2023
Full-Time Rigger/Machinery Mover – Madurai
To be a Rigger, you must know how to replace crane boom and cable, safety rules for ladders and scaffolds, how to read blueprints and understand basic electrical safety. All riggers should be certified by a nationally recognized body such as NCCER. Must study and grasp all work-related safety risks and how to use or operate tools and equipment safely and efficiently. Work at a factory or on a building site.
Job Title : Rigger/Machinery Mover
Location : Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Salary : $ 18.03 per hour.
Company : Covanta
Job Type : Full-Time
- A rigger is responsible for erecting and carefully fastening large lifting equipment employing pulleys, ropes, and hoists. Performs physical work as part of the procedures.
- Performing rigging installation calls for cooperation among the team members as well as individual initiative and judgment.
- The scope of work includes the installation of hardware to existing structures, hanging pipes, beams, or tracks, and hardware to concrete, steel, wood, and block walls.
- Provides for the safe transportation of supplies, machinery, and/or equipment to and from working platforms, vehicles, streets, floors, and other levels of buildings or vessels.
- Drilling and testing the performance of counterweighted, winched, and dead-hung systems, as well as mounting and securing mule blocks and sheaves, are all part of the installation process.
- To protect the safety of employees and materials, personnel involved in lifting and transferring loads are given signals or verbal directions.
- Conducted tests and inspections on different rigging equipment, including planks and fiber ropes and wire rope and chains.
- Hand and power tools are used to fasten loads to rigging to provide support or to prepare them for transportation.
- Effective performance of this function involves consistent punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in compliance with business policies.
- Riggers must operate at heights ranging from twelve to sixty feet above ground level, which often necessitates the usage of safety equipment and climbing.
- At least five years of recent full-time work as a Rigger, completing the tasks and obligations listed under “Duties and Responsibilities.”
- A valid state driver’s license is essential for DOT appointments, and it must be maintained for the length of employment.
- Individuals will be required to push, pull, bend, or stand for lengthy periods of time, as well as climb ladders with capacity restrictions of 300 lbs.
- The employee is often needed to stand, walk, climb, kneel, crawl, squat, and/or sit while performing the tasks of this profession.
- To be appointed, candidates must be clean of drugs. During the course of their work, riggers are subjected to random drug and alcohol testing.