19 Mar 2023
Full-Time REVISER, RUSSIAN – Agaie
Providing translation and interpretation services to the division’s varied and non-English speaking families is the responsibility of the Translator. The Translator & Interpreter serves as a liaison between staff and the varied families they serve, as well as a source of support for those who work in the field of translation and interpreting.
Job Title : REVISER, RUSSIAN
Location : Agaie, Niger, Nigeria
Salary : $ 26.38 per hour.
Company : VirtualVocations
Job Type : Full-Time
- Ensure accurate translation of textual materials such as flyer, social media posts, district wide announcements/press releases, and other types of documents into any language.
- Interpreter services are provided during parent meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and other school occasions, including discussions concerning student academics, student disciplinary issues, medical crises, and other sensitive concerns.
- The writing may also include geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural features. To be effective as a translator, you’ll want to employ vocabulary and idioms that reflect the culture of your target language (s).
- Understand how to utilize reference resources. Must have computer abilities, especially MS Office, to be able to generate written translations and products, as well as appropriate internet skills to do basic Web research.
- When translating medical and technical terms, the translator looks them up in both the source language and the target language to make sure they make sense.
- Translates education-related papers, such as forms, urgent notifications to parents, medical alerts, legal and confidential notices, handbooks, advisories, surveys, school newsletters, and other District materials.
- Stipends and other compensation for employees are prepared for payment by doing clerical chores such as answering phones, welcoming visitors, handling general queries, processing mail, and drafting purchase order requests.
- Verify that translations are complete and correct, and that the original language, its original meaning, and the original tone and purpose have not been changed or omitted.
- Data on the pool of temporary employees, such as assessment conclusions, hours clocked, training status and other relevant information is entered into databases and kept up-to-date by the employer.
- Translates and edits translations completed by other District workers. Contributes to the training of District personnel and consultants who provide translation services to schools.
- Demonstrating skill in defined language that surpasses conversational level, allowing constituency with limited English language capacity to fully engage in the designated process.
- Being able to drive oneself and having the courage to do so while doing interpretation work in schools and communities
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills when communicating with supervisors, employees, students, and others in order to communicate information.
- Fluency in two languages at the native speaker level and knowledge of the cultural environment in which the languages are spoken are required.
- Translation, Foreign Language, or a similar discipline and proven interpersonal and writing and spoken communication abilities are necessary.