Part-Time Proofreader – Sallapadan
The Proofreader, who reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Public Relations, plays a critical role in the delivery of performance-driven content across a wide range of channels, including but not limited to email, social media, advertising campaigns, collateral, blogs, magazines, executive presentations, faculty-contributed content, case studies, landing pages, press releases, internal communications, and more. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of both fundamental and advanced grammar rules, as well as an understanding of how they are applied in our house styles. They are thorough in their proofreading, catching typos and other problems in grammar, spelling, and usage and can verify the veracity of claims. They need to coordinate well with the writers and the rest of the employees to ensure that all documents adhere to company policy. When faced with editorial difficulties, they will go outside the box and come up with novel solutions. They need to show up to work with a good mood and be a true team player during the editing process. They’ll be reliable, hardworking, and trustworthy people with initiative and sound judgment.
Job Title : Proofreader
Location : Sallapadan, Abra Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 24.02 per hour.
Company : Designer Greetings, Inc.
Job Type : Part-Time
- All documents need to be proofread to ensure they are error-free and presentable. Using a standard proofreading code, please indicate any errors you find in the document.
- 5+ years of proofreading experience, particularly in a law firm setting.
- Reading the original copy or drafts will help you spot and note any mistakes in grammar, spelling, or structure.
- Microsoft Office and Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) expertise is a requirement, and online expertise is a plus.
- Keep track of every piece of content that has been modified or proofread.
- Strong ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and verbal skills.
- Communicate with coworkers, lawyers, and management to get a handle on tasks and communicate any necessary changes to paperwork.
- Make changes to original hard copy papers or electronic copies as needed to fix spelling, grammar, and word usage. Help the department manager if necessary when developing writing advice or style guidelines to be distributed to the department.
- Return marked papers for correction, then compare the repaired version with the original.
- Use electronic work logs, instant messaging, track changes for comments, and ChangePro for electronic review to speed up your proofreading and copyediting tasks.
- You need to be someone who works well with others. You should tell the right people about your plans, your progress, your possibilities, and your results.
- Ability to see details in the perspective of the whole and initiative are two valuable traits in a leader.
- Ability to communicate professionally and successfully with employees at all levels, including management, support workers, and firm leadership.
- Capacity to work swiftly and effectively under pressure is essential, as is the ability to adapt to new circumstances and seize new possibilities as they arise.
- You need to show that you can keep the companies internal and personnel matters secret at all times.