25 May 2023
Full-Time Operations and Safety Coordinator – Pretoria
The Safety Coordinator keeps an eye on things to make sure dangerous things don’t happen. Develops policies to raise awareness of occupational health and safety (OSH). Prevention is emphasized, and it is necessary to be careful and analytical. Encourages the establishment of a healthy and secure workplace.
Job Title : Operations and Safety Coordinator
Location : Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
Salary : $ 25.32 per hour.
Company : Darling Ingredients Inc.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Conducts and participates in safety meetings. Monthly, plans, creates, and delivers or organizes the delivery of safety-related trainings to a number of departments.
- Employees, supervisors, managers, and other stakeholders are counselled and provided technical support on issues such as worker’s compensation and fitness for duty judgments.
- Managers and supervisors are counselled and supported in creating a safe workplace. It is advised that safety or hazard control equipment be purchased, used, and installed.
- Hearing conservation, chemical inventory/control, hazardous communications/SDS, ergonomics, and other programs are developed and carried out. Schedules and either offers or arranges for yearly audiometric testing.
- Assist in updating and reviewing Job Safety Analyses (JSAs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Lockout Procedures, as well as ensuring that employees have received enough training.
- Assist with the project’s zero-accident safety plan and culture (s).
- Consistent and reliable attendance, the ability to accomplish work safely, and adherence to all safety standards and procedures are all required for this role.
- Ensures that all necessary safety-related equipment and system testing, inspections, preventative maintenance, and repairs are completed on schedule. Assures that issues are evaluated for ILSM risk and resolved in accordance with policy.
- Assess the workplace for hazards on a regular basis and implement hazard controls before an accident happens. Determine whether any employees are participating in potentially dangerous safety behaviors and, if so, whether more training is necessary.
- Investigate occurrences and work with management and staff to devise strategies for preventing future calamities. Keep an eye on the results as you implement your approach.
- The applicant should have a strong sense of leadership and a desire to learn and enhance his skills on a constant basis.
- Gather information from a variety of sources, then organize, arrange, and make suggestions to management and operational personnel.
- An individual who maintains high ethical standards in all aspects of his or her job. Accepts responsibility for his or her actions and decisions, and promotes an open and honest workplace. When dealing with highly confidential or sensitive subjects, he maintains confidentiality.
- To utilize computer software such as document, presentation, spreadsheet, and database tools, you’ll need to know how to use them.
- It is necessary to have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication abilities.