26 May 2023
Full-Time Occupational Safety Coordinator – Lila
A Safety Coordinator provides guidance to managers and employees on the administration and implementation of safety programs, coordinates safety operations with other departments, and provides administrative and technical support to ensure that safety control mechanisms are in place. Ensure compliance with all federal and state safety laws, regulations, procedures, and processes.
Job Title : Occupational Safety Coordinator
Location : Lila, Bohol Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 25.15 per hour.
Company : MARS
Job Type : Full-Time
- Conduct accident investigations and work with management and employees to design preventative actions to avoid future disasters. Put the plan into action and monitor the results.
- Employees, supervisors, managers, and other stakeholders are counselled and given technical help on issues such as worker’s compensation and fitness for duty decision.
- Hearing conservation, chemical inventory/control, hazardous communications/SDS, ergonomics, and other programs are developed and implemented. Schedules yearly audiometric testing and delivers or arranges for it.
- Managers and supervisors are given guidance and assistance in creating a safe working environment. It is suggested that you purchase, use, and install safety or hazard control equipment.
- Assist in putting the project’s safety strategy and zero-accident culture into action (s)
- Conducts and participates in safety meetings. Monthly, plans, creates, and delivers or organizes the delivery of safety-related trainings to a number of departments.
- Assures that all mandatory safety-related equipment and system testing, inspections, preventative maintenance, and repairs are completed on schedule. Ensures that defects are assessed for ILSM risk and addressed in accordance with policy.
- This employment necessitates consistent and predictable attendance, the ability to complete tasks safely, and strict adherence to all safety standards and procedures.
- Assist with the updating and auditing of Job Safety Analyses (JSAs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Lockout Procedures, as well as ensuring that staff are appropriately taught in them.
- Assess the workplace for hazards on a regular basis and implement hazard controls before an accident happens. Determine whether any employees are participating in potentially dangerous safety behaviors and, if so, whether more training is necessary.
- Gather information from a variety of sources, organize it, prepare it, and make suggestions to management and operational staff.
- To use computer applications like document, presentation, spreadsheet, and database tools, you’ll need to know how to use them.
- The candidate should possess a strong sense of leadership as well as a persistent drive to learn and improve his abilities.
- Communication skills are important.
- Individual who follows high ethical standards in his or her regular job activities. Takes responsibility for his or her actions and decisions, and promotes a work atmosphere that values honesty. When dealing with extremely secret and sensitive information, uses prudence.