19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Medical Examiner Assistant I – Doha
Liaison between the State Medical Examiner’s Office and the county medical examiner offices; liaison between families of deceased and the public; and other relevant duties as assigned by the State Medical Examiner’s Office.
Job Title : Medical Examiner Assistant I
Location : Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Salary : $ 30.89 per hour.
Company : Dallas County
Job Type : Full-Time
- The Neurophysiology Conference, the Case Consensus Meeting, and the Toxicology Rounds are a few of the pathology conferences that he attends. In neurophysiology, students and residents learn how to carry out a variety of procedures, such as evaluating the brains and spinal cords. The Deputy Chief Medical Examiner/Medical Director and his or her team of medical specialists benefit from this individual’s efforts in developing further educational programs.. In addition to presenting and speaking on current concerns in the field, he or she attends professional conferences as a member of the forensic pathology community.
- Medical information is provided to law enforcement authorities, attorneys, judges, relatives of the deceased, the news media, the District Attorney’s Office, and the general public.
- There will be no omissions when it comes to the documentation of the probe. Police reports and medical data are requested by the investigator when necessary.
- Investigators collect evidence at the site of the crime or death, such as medical history, medication use, and mental condition at the time of death, as well as weapons and other things, in order to identify how and why someone died. Photos and videos of the site are taken, as well as interviews with anybody who may have seen the incident.
- Disputes routine questions and grievances, conducts investigations into problems and suggests remedies, and refers complaints or difficulties to the appropriate departmental officials.
- Provides expert witness capability for any forensic criminal and civil proceedings linked with cases investigated, as well as for any additional forensic requirements within the County.
- In this job, you talk with a dead person’s doctor to find out about their past health or mental history. You also get medical and dental records of the person, look into reports from outside agencies, and help the Forensic Pathologists identify them.
- There are a variety of case materials that the incumbent may compile in order to determine the manner and cause of death. These papers may include all of the previously mentioned records. On a rotational basis, the incumbent handles cases that come in during the evening and night hours, makes jurisdictional decisions, and goes to death scenes as needed. Upon request, the incumbent is available to testify in federal and district courts in the United States, as well as in circuit courts in neighboring jurisdictions. This office is responsible for completing any special duties given by the Chief or Deputy Chief Medical Examiner. Infectious illness management and monitoring has been adopted.
- Keep all death investigation reports in a computerized web-based records management system in a specified format and on time to ensure that they are clear; accurate; impartial.
- In order to keep current in your line of work, you should attend seminars, training programs, and the appropriate courses.
- Shows a lot of initiative, effort, attention to detail, and commitment by working quickly and efficiently with little supervision.
- Expertise in evidence processing and manufacturing processes to maintain accountability in the chain of custody (COC).
- An understanding of the medical examination and identification process is essential, along with an understanding of how trauma affects a person’s health, as well as a working knowledge of natural sickness origins and effects.
- At the time of employment, a current license to practice medicine in the state is required by the Department of Professional Regulations.
- Eligibility requires a two-year degree in biology, medical science, health care or a closely related field, in addition to 1,000 hours of documented work experience in the field. It is preferable if you have prior experience in the area.