25 May 2023
Full-Time Manager – Healthcare – Kannur
Operates at the site level and is responsible for managing a single practice or a number of practices simultaneously. The site’s day-to-day operations and clinical flow are overseen by this person.
Job Title : Manager – Healthcare
Location : Kannur, Kerala, India
Salary : $ 25 per hour.
Company : Associtaes in Healthcare Development
Job Type : Full-Time
- Collaborates with other department managers in the community to ensure that residents are getting the best possible care at all times.
- Establish and maintain cooperative, trustworthy relationships with physicians/providers by regularly interacting and interacting with them to give direction and supervision for successful scheduling, efficient clinic work flow, and patient flow.
- It’s simpler for managers to conduct things like deliver performance assessments, enforce workplace regulations, and deal with employee difficulties now that there are technologies to help with both staff recruitment and training.
- If a patient complaint must be escalated, evaluate the situation, identify any risks, find a safe and effective remedy, and address clinical care problems.
- Budgets for people, revenue, and/or costs are established and adhered to by the department. Responds to changes within the organization that might compromise the company’s ability to accomplish budget targets.
- Hiring, training, allocating work, monitoring and assessing performance, and implementing professional development programs are only some of the methods used to manage people. Affirms that the department’s general operational goals are being met by the group’s productivity and activity.
- Plans, creates, organizes, assesses, and executes programs and activities for the residents of the Healthcare Center. Responsible for supervising junior supervisors, as well as extra staff and volunteers at the Healthcare Center.
- The rights of patients and residents to fair and equal treatment, self-determination, uniqueness and privacy are to be respected.
- Direct reports get leadership in the implementation of work plans and long and short term objectives. Implements infrastructure at the site level, as well as improvements to supporting procedures and systems. Executes and completes site objectives.
- Daily visible rounding to improve patient flow and satisfaction for both patients and providers Instant reaction to everyday workflow hurdles. Create a staffing strategy that satisfies client needs and budget. Facilitate good transformation by involving employees.
- Experience in healthcare administration and/or resident services administration for at least two (2) years is necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration or a related field from an accredited college or university is strongly recommended.
- Possess a working understanding of all state and federal long-term care rules (including those relating to Medicare reimbursement).
- Must be a natural leader with the capacity to collaborate and supervise others.
- Must be capable of communicating effectively with coworkers, residents/patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/staff, and the general public.