26 May 2023
Full-Time Maintenance/Bus Driver – Umm Salal
The School Bus Driver is in charge of safely and effectively delivering school-aged children and other authorized staff along defined routes to and from the bus stop to school and/or different activities. Pre-trip inspections, adherence to safety rules and standards, and student discipline on the bus are all responsibilities of the School Bus Driver.
Job Title : Maintenance/Bus Driver
Location : Umm Salal, Umm Salal, Qatar
Salary : $ 30.65 per hour.
Company : Cayuga Centers
Job Type : Full-Time
- Before and after each journey, make sure the vehicle and its specific equipment are completely examined, and submit the relevant papers to the administration.
- Maintain, read, and comprehend route papers, including time adjustments, and alert supervisor promptly of any changes. Maintain strong work habits by being on time and keeping absence to a minimum for daily tasks and additional travels.
- Operate an adapted transportation lift to board and release challenged people using safe and acceptable techniques.
- Always promote the goodwill of the firm by cooperating with coworkers, supervisors, and other passengers.
- Clean and sanitize the designated bus at all times by mopping, cleaning all seats and the roof, sweeping, and washing the bus.
- Make sure your look is clean and professional at all times by adhering to the dress code of your workplace as well as your personal hygiene.
- Keep hold of your vehicle keys and receipts for fueling, as well as any pre- and post-trip documentation required by your supervisor.
- Safely operate a vehicle on a specified route in a timely and safe manner, transporting passengers to and from specified locations and completing related tasks.
- Maintain the assigned vehicle and its component parts in compliance with the company’s standards to ensure safety, decrease wear, and extend the usable life of the vehicle.
- Inspect each vehicle before, during and after each trip using correct procedures and complete all necessary forms and reports. Operate the vehicle and stop to allow passengers to board and disembark using safe and responsible procedures.
- Assemble/dismantle wheelchairs and other ambulatory aids with a maximum weight of 40 pounds and/or store them in a safe location.
- Depending on model of bus, steps on emergency brake pedal or pushes air brake button before students load or unload bus, then pulls lever or depresses air brake button to release brake.
- The ideal candidate is flexible, works well in a team, and is willing to step in when required.
- Must have a documented driving history of at least three years. In the preceding three years, no more than two moving infractions and one avoidable accident occurred.
- Be in possession of a current Class B or higher commercial driver’s license with endorsements for both passenger vehicles and school buses.