19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Machinist – Muscat
To fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools, the Machinist analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts, using knowledge of tool and die design and construction, shop mathematics, metal properties, and layout, machining, and assembly procedures.
Job Title : Machinist
Location : Muscat, Masqaṭ, Oman
Salary : $ 22.71 per hour.
Company : Modern Packaging, LLC
Job Type : Full-Time
- In addition to utilizing hand tools and precision measuring devices, a machinist is responsible for setting up and operating a range of manual and CNC machine equipment, as well as conducting traditional shop calculations relating to project dimensions, tooling, and feeds.
- Maintain and operate equipment such as lathes, mills, and grinders.
- Analyze prototype components, blueprints, drawings, and engineering data to ascertain manufacturing processes and sequences, as well as the dimensions and tolerances of the finished product.
- Understanding and implementing verbal and written instructions and requirements is essential to planning and organizing work.
- Troubleshoot and resolve tooling, material, program, equipment, and part specifications-related issues. Recognize and suggest improvements to component specifications that will enhance the machine’s capability.
- Program engineering and manufacturing should work together to communicate data that will help produce high-quality components.
- Precise measurement is used to check for faults and guarantee that the final units meet the standards.
- To meet the required quantity of component components, perform sophisticated turning, drilling, milling, and tapping operations.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment in order to guarantee appropriate and safe operation.
- Follow safe work practices such as Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (PPE)
- Prior experience as an Industrial Machinist with a thorough grasp of machine technology, construction, operation, and power/control devices, as well as an awareness of metal working characteristics.
- Experience with manual, semi-automatic, and automated equipment and machines, as well as programming (lathes, grinders etc.)
- The ability to work in temperatures up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit during the height of summer is a must.
- Precision tools (e.g. calipers, Micrometers, Drop Gages and Gage blocks) may be used to obtain exact measurements.
- If you want to be a mechanical or automotive engineer, you need to get a two-year associate’s degree or have at least two years of experience in a related field first.