26 May 2023
Full-Time Machine Operator II – Al-Manṣūrah
As an Equipment Operator, you’ll operate heavy District equipment such as transports (semi-tractor/trailers), dozers, excavators, water tenders, engines, and other miscellaneous equipment. You’ll operate a fire dozer and drive a transport vehicle during wildfire emergencies. You may use heavy equipment for non-emergency land management in the District. You’ll organize and/or undertake physical effort to fight wildfires. Duties include operating heavy equipment and doing basic building and ground maintenance.
Job Title : Machine Operator II
Location : Al-Manṣūrah, Al-Daqahliyyah, Egypt
Salary : $ 23.07 per hour.
Company : Covanta
Job Type : Full-Time
- Performs regular mechanical maintenance and repairs on construction equipment to maintain it in a condition where it can continue to perform properly.
- On a daily basis, make sure the maintenance facility is clean, orderly, and safe. Clean the equipment thoroughly after each use. Inspect all equipment and report any issues to the Equipment Technician.
- Runs heavy machinery according to the company’s operating safety policies and procedures. Conducts periodic equipment inspections and preventive maintenance on equipment; keeps correct records
- Transports earth moving or other medium to big sized automotive equipment to work site using a truck and trailer rig; follows safety rules and laws.
- Safely use hand and power tools, construction and maintenance equipment, such as mowing machines and air hammers. Clean culverts, mow, mend potholes, remove rubbish, and shovel asphalt and snow.
- Every successful person must have the capacity to engage with a broad spectrum of individuals, both inside and outside of their own business. has a working knowledge of and adherence to company safety procedures Contributes to a team effort by working together.
- Loads, transports, and unloads construction supplies such as sand, flexbase, asphalt, gravel, and other materials from City stockpiles or suppliers to City sites in order to fulfill construction or maintenance projects.
- Execute all equipment operator tasks and responsibilities. Keep detailed records of how the machine is used, how it is maintained, and how much gas is used.
- Positions raw materials and final components using material handling equipment Use SOPs to operate and maintain a vehicle.
- The ability to drive a light or medium-complex piece of city or utility maintenance equipment and operate it safely is required. This includes the ability to operate a rubber-tired backhoe and other types of tracked excavators and loaders as well as other types of maintenance equipment like bobcats and street sweepers. It also includes the ability to operate a front-end loader.
- Shown ability to create a culture of service, diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace, a team environment, and good internal communication and alignment.
- a working knowledge of building processes, methods, and materials familiarity with common workplace dangers and best practices for worker safety, Manual dexterity and endurance over long periods of time are required
- Must have worked as an Equipment Operator I for six months or in a similar job for one year. Work experience can be replaced by a degree in turfgrass management or a similar subject.
- Outstanding communicator who is open and upfront with all stakeholders. Maintaining and running power tools and machinery
- High school diploma or comparable experience and a general equivalency certificate (GED), A valid driver’s license and two years of expertise in mechanical assembly, forklift operation, or comparable machine operation are essential.