26 May 2023
Part-Time Lead Veterinarian – Bato
We’re looking for a seasoned veterinarian to join our team. The veterinarian is in charge of providing and managing high-quality health and medical services to ensure that the entire animal collection is well-cared after. This includes, but is not limited to, diagnosing and treating illness and injuries, maintaining a preventive medical program, adhering to quarantine protocols, caring for animals recovering from illness or injury, performing post-mortem examinations, operating a full-service clinic, and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory agencies.
Job Title : Lead Veterinarian
Location : Bato, Camarines Sur Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 41.73 per hour.
Company : GoodVets
Job Type : Part-Time
- Clients supply valuable information, and he or she carefully listens to and comprehends their issues and aspirations.
- Vaccinates all animals that haven’t been immunized against rabies and certifies all animals freed from quarantine observation as rabies-free. Animal bite victims are given instructions on how to protect oneself as well as the proper procedures to follow.
- To acquire AAALAC certification, the laboratory animal care and use program must be established and maintained.
- Employees must be able to collect animal data, enter dispositions into a computer, and generate monthly and weekly reports according to specified processes.
- Employees receive training in animal husbandry, ethical animal handling, cleanliness, and disease prevention, basic animal behavior, medical treatment, surgical assistance (intake and discharge), and animal first aid. Assists in animal euthanasia via injection training, evaluation, and execution. Examines the seized animals and directs that those that are sick or injured be put down.
- Completes physical exams, diagnostic treatments, surgical, and dental operations successfully. Clients are informed about their pets’ diagnoses, treatment programs, preventative health care, and nutritional requirements.
- Writes medical treatment guidelines and follows them. Ability to decipher local animal-control ordinances, legislation, rules, and regulations, as well as city policies. Capacity to reply to public inquiries from members of the general public and city leaders; Assist in the timely and successful settlement of issues.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and ensures that all relevant logs are kept current in accordance with established protocols.
- Ability to obtain and control euthanasia drugs and equipment, as well as ensure that supplies and equipment are used correctly in accordance with all applicable state and federal rules and laws. Ability to stay updated on market trends and innovations in the animal sheltering business.
- Performs high-quality sterilization surgery in a fast-paced shelter environment to limit the population of adopted animals. Routine veterinarian care includes things like triage, physical exams, emergency medical care, stabilization, diagnosis, and treatment of sick or injured animals, minor surgery, vaccines, and testing.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- It is necessary to have a DVM, VMD, or similar degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary school.
- Have (or receive) a DEA license and a restricted drugs registration.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative setting while still being able to do projects on their own.
- Knowledge of MedARKs and ZIMS, as well as other medical record-keeping systems.