26 May 2023
Full-Time Laborer – Sambalpur
There must be an understanding of complex rigging, heavy rigging, changing crane boom and cable, electrical safety, ladder and scaffold safety, introduction to lifting machinery, basic rigging and wire rope basics. There must also be an understanding of chokers, load charts and basic knowledge of blueprint reading. All riggers should be certified by an organization with national renown, such as, but not limited to, the NCCER. Using and operating work-related tools and equipment must be done safely and effectively. You’ll be expected to work on a building site or at a manufacturing facility some time.
Job Title : Laborer
Location : Sambalpur, Odisha, India
Salary : $ 17.02 per hour.
Company : Praxis Labs
Job Type : Full-Time
- The rigger must operate at heights ranging from twelve to sixty feet from the ground, and may often need the usage of safety equipment and climbing.
- Individuals involved in lifting and transporting loads are signaled or verbally directed to safeguard the safety of personnel and goods.
- Rigging installation necessitates teamwork even if individual initiative and judgment are required for most of the labor.
- Installation of hardware in existing buildings, hanging pipes, beams or tracks, and hardware in concrete, steel, wood, and block walls are some of the jobs in this project.
- A Rigger’s job is to put up heavy lifting equipment and secure it using pulleys, ropes, and hoists so that it may be used securely. In the course of operations, this person does physical work.
- Arranges for the safe lifting and lowering of various supplies, machinery, and/or equipment to and from working platforms, vehicles, streets, floors, and other levels of buildings or vessels.
- This position requires strict adherence to company policies on on-time arrival, attendance, and absence reporting in order to be successful.
- Working with the installation of counterweighted, winched & dead-hung systems by securing and securing blocks and sheaves of the counterweights, as well as assessing their performance.
- Attaches weights to rigging using hand and power tools in order to support or prepare them for movement.
- Planks, fiber ropes, wire ropes, chains, swing scaffolds, and other rigging equipment are all inspected, tested, and maintained.
- To perform the duties of this occupation effectively, the individual is often required to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- To be considered for an appointment, candidates must be clean of any drug or alcohol impairment. On the job, riggers are exposed to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Must be able to lift or carry up to 50 lbs. of assorted equipment, supplies, and components independently.
- When making judgments on safe rigging methods and procedures, rely on trustworthy sources and “”common sense”” judgment.
- At least five years of full-time Rigger experience in the preceding 10 years, fulfilling the tasks and obligations listed in Duties and Responsibilities.