26 May 2023
Full-Time Junior Geologist – Shomolu
Each day, the Geologist uses software to determine ore control based on blast hole survey and assay data. Maintain blasthole database integrity, provide month-end mine production reports, and monitor resource model vs. mined performance metrics.
Job Title : Junior Geologist
Location : Shomolu, Lagos, Nigeria
Salary : $ 29.69 per hour.
Company : Lockheed Martin
Job Type : Full-Time
- As part of their duties, drillers are responsible for a variety of tasks, including the positioning of drilling equipment, the communication of management goals to drill crews, and the maintenance of contact with drillers in order to keep management informed about mechanical issues, hole quality, and surveys.
- To provide assistance to solid waste and water facilities permitting engineers and compliance staff, as well as to be responsible for permitting activities relating to water quality monitoring plans and evaluation of environmental sampling that is necessary for assigned solid waste facilities projects.
- Therefore, daily reports must be generated and updated for management. Inventory management and sample transport are logistical duties of a corporation.
- Produce, if necessary, requests for further information and permits/documents that are technically correct, clear, comprehensible, and compliant with stated laws, instructions, and procedures.
- Drilling and well installation monitoring, as well as the recording of soil boreholes, are among the most common tasks. Samples of soil and groundwater will be taken for testing.
- Before they may be considered complete, applications for district or division-level solid waste and waste cleaning must be examined by those authorities. Evaluate the plans and documents provided by supervisors or managers for site repairs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Access, as well as ArcGIS and CAD applications. It is helpful to have a working understanding of remedial systems as well as basic construction and mechanical expertise.
- Inform project management of difficulties, cost or time overruns, scope modifications, liability risk, etc.
- Management of projects and tasks, such as working with clients, writing proposals and estimating costs, designing corrective systems, keeping an eye on the implementation and building of corrective activities, writing technical reports, and mentoring.
- Some of the things they might have to do are prepare remedial investigations, remedial system designs, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, groundwater monitoring plans and reports, estimate costs, and write technical documents.
- documenting geological data in a complete, reliable manner using Microsoft programs capability of doing a large number of jobs concurrently.
- To be considered for this post, you must have one year of federal government specialist experience or education similar to the GS-07. To be eligible, you must have worked in the field, collecting, analyzing, and reporting on soil and rock sample data, as well as providing standard data to higher-level specialists, conducting studies or investigations, and/or assisting in the administration of mineral locateable and saleable activities.
- Capability to execute field and site inspections linked to groundwater monitoring well installation at solid waste facilities, as well as inspections in accordance with the solid waste level of service for closed landfills.
- Exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, as well as the risk of electrical shock and exposure to dangerous chemicals and explosives, is possible at a mining or manufacturing site.
- For consideration, you must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in geology and at least 20 extra semester hours in math, physics, chemistry, biological science, structural engineering, mining, petroleum engineering, or computer science from an approved college or university.