18 Mar 2023
Part-Time Industrial Hygienist II – Bukuru
The Industrial Hygienist supervises program-level operations and resolves/addresses regular safety and health concerns, needing expert assistance and applying understanding of industrial hygiene concepts.
Job Title : Industrial Hygienist II
Location : Bukuru, Plateau, Nigeria
Salary : $ 37.88 per hour.
Company : Sabic – Saudi Basic Industries Corp.
Job Type : Part-Time
- Establish a plan for conducting a ventilation evaluation and put it into action. In addition to equipment selection and calibration, performance measurement, data analysis, and comparison to appropriate standards should all be included in this investigation.
- To conduct thorough, expert evaluations of safety and health concerns in order to remove or regulate hazardous physical situations, operational methods, or other variables that represent an unwarranted danger to human health and safety. Write out detailed reports of your findings and provide recommendations for/coordinate remedial steps.
- Developing, implementing, and disseminating communication programs to increase and encourage employee understanding of incident prevention, industrial hygiene, and environmental compliance are all important responsibilities.
- Perform inspections of selected workplaces to check that prescribed risk reduction measures are in place, and give the customer with updated data characterizing the status of workplaces, listing procedures that have been supplied, and highlighting major risks or trends.
- Coordination of complete exposure assessments, industrial hygiene surveys and analysis, and the creation of industrial hygiene reports
- IDEA and PACE programs may be used as examples of how Total Quality can be implemented in practice.
- Gather information on the demographics of employees, procedures, possible hazards, and mitigation techniques for industrial and administrative settings in order to create hazard classifications.
- Based on a review of toxicological and safety data for the chemicals used in Tesla’s labs, give advice on how to regulate and analyze exposures to those chemicals.
- Identify relevant analytic techniques, choose appropriate equipment, calibrate the equipment, establish a laboratory interface, and undertake sample programs, which should include data processing and interpretation.
- Project managers and senior management officials should have access to the latest information on federal, state, and local industrial hygiene rules.
- Medical surveillance and associated initiatives, such as respirator medical clearance, audiometry, and substance-specific exams, have been successfully implemented.
- Extensive knowledge of the BMBL, OSHA regulations, and associated rules and legislation in order to assure compliance.
- The ability to express advanced technical knowledge of occupational safety and health standards as well as standard ideas, methods, principles, and procedures. The able to identify practical knowledge of current occupational safety and health practices and applications.
- Outstanding verbal and writing communication skills, and a proven track record of achieving great client presentations and creating written reports.
- Applicants must have two years of relevant work experience and a bachelor’s degree in one of the technical areas mentioned below in addition to their qualifications. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene or a closely related physical or biological science such as engineering, chemistry, biology, environmental or occupational health to be considered for this position.