19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Healthcare Administrative Assistant – Tabuan-Lasa
For our community, we have an urgent need for a seasoned Healthcare Administrator. A candidate with at least three years of experience would be preferred. They’ll also have a track record of high survey scores, long tenure, and a desire to deliver outstanding care and customer service to the residents. The Healthcare Administrator is in charge of the day-to-day operations of the Healthcare Center in compliance with relevant business, federal, state, and local regulations to guarantee that residents get the best possible care and service.
Job Title : Healthcare Administrative Assistant
Location : Tabuan-Lasa, Basilan Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 25.37 per hour.
Company : Internship USA / IIEEX
Job Type : Full-Time
- Work plans and long-term and short-term goals are implemented with the help of direct reports. Improves support processes and systems while implementing infrastructure at the site level. Completes all tasks necessary to meet the goals set for the site.
- Establishes and adheres to departmental budgets for personnel, income, and/or expenses. Responds to developments in the company that may jeopardize the capacity to meet budget objectives.
- Visible daily rounding for the benefit of patient flow as well as the pleasure of both patients and providers. The ability to respond quickly and effectively to problems that arise in the course of normal workdays. Consider the needs of your customers and your company’s budget when creating a personnel strategy. Encourage good change by creating an atmosphere conducive to employee involvement and feedback.
- Examine the situation, assess potential threats, identify a solution that is both safe and effective, and address clinical care difficulties, among other factors, whether a patient complaint has to be escalated.
- The processes of interviewing, hiring, and training workers; teaching, coaching, and directing work; conducting performance evaluations, awarding and recognizing employees, disciplining employees, handling complaints, and resolving disputes are all facilitated.
- Residents of the Healthcare Center benefit from a variety of programs and activities put together by the Center’s Activities Director. Junior supervisors, as well as other personnel and volunteers, are under the supervision of the Healthcare Center’s director.
- Hiring, training, allocating work, monitoring and assessing performance, and implementing professional development programs are only some of the methods used to manage people. Affirms that the department’s general operational goals are being met by the group’s productivity and activity.
- Respect patients’ and residents’ rights to fair and equal treatment, as well as their rights to self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, such as the ability to file wage grievances.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative, trusting relationship with physicians/providers by interacting and collaborating with them on a frequent basis to give guidance and monitoring of effective scheduling, efficient clinic work flow, and patient flow.
- To offer the best possible care for residents, works together with other department managers in the community.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and to supervise other personnel.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college is required for employment in the fields of health care or business administration.
- Healthcare administration and/or resident services administration experience of two (2) years or more is required.
- Must be capable of communicating effectively with coworkers, residents/patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/staff, and the general public.
- Must have working knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations (including those associated with Medicare reimbursement), nursing practices and procedures, and all laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to long-term care administration.