18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Graduate Landscape Architect/Designer – West Rand
It is your job to provide the department with professional expertise and assist in the evaluation of planned City projects, such as landscape plans, irrigating schemes, as well as specifications. You’ll be in charge of site inspections and construction administration to ensure that all work is done in line with local laws and standards. Besides developing and studying landscape code upgrades, this position collaborates with both internal and external divisions and provides fresh design ideas.
Job Title : Graduate Landscape Architect/Designer
Location : West Rand, West Rand, South Africa
Salary : $ 53.71 per hour.
Company : Stantec
Job Type : Full-Time
- Assemble a design team comprised of engineers, planners, architects, and agency workers.
- Co-ordinates and manages community engagement events in close collaboration with departmental agencies and board offices, as well as with community organizations and other stakeholders.
- Manages and participates in the selection of consultants; produces performance requirements and budget estimates; supervises and directs the work of consultants; analyses performance and work output; examines progress payments.
- When the department needs help with construction administration and inspections as well as field investigations to get information for design or facilities work, the landscape architect helps. They also help with ADA compliance assessments and facility/site condition evaluation
- Check hillside overlay properties to ensure all standards are met, including disturbance limit fence, landscape retention or removal, onsite grading, and preservation zones.
- Knowledge with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and LandFX is required.
- Research in the field is necessary to understand the current situation, evaluate previous reports and data, inventory current landscaping and improvement projects, collect field measurements and identify development restrictions and possibilities.
- Design proposals for County Park facilities are solicited from the general public, as well as community organizations and government entities.
- With the help of other departments, confirm that the landscaping and irrigation designs are in conformity with zoning requirements before submitting them for final approval
- Before delivering the Certificate of Occupancy or financial assurance money, ensure that the final landscaping and irrigation designs are in compliance with the approved plans.
- Landscape architecture concepts and techniques, drawing methods and practices, planting and construction materials, and their suitable use in the design and execution of landscape projects are all covered.
- A bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or a closely related area from an approved college or university is required for entry-level employment. One year of experience working for a government agency is preferred, but not essential. When it comes to hiring, work experience might be more important than a four-year degree.
- Landscape architecture design and construction methods based on modern technology, design ideas, and engineering principles.
- Be able to work on many projects and problems at the same time and self-manage schedules according to PM requirements or project milestones.
- Contract plans, specifications and estimates, bid packages and other contract documentation are prepared for assigned construction projects under the supervision of this individual, as needed