Full-Time Global Economist – Alexandria
The Economist uses a wide variety of economic and public policy skills while researching subjects. The function necessitates cross-examining business and intervention witnesses. On utility petitions for changes in base rate revenue needs, base revenue distributions, rate design, extra surcharges, and financing arrangements, reviewing, analyzing, and presenting verbally and in writing recommendations to the Commission. Furthermore, the Economist is active in all phases of assigned cases, including making information requests, questioning expert witnesses during hearings, writing memoranda and policy recommendations, and composing sections of orders.
Job Title : Global Economist
Location : Alexandria, Al-Iskandariyyah, Egypt
Salary : $ 43.99 per hour.
Company : CICC US Securities
Job Type : Full-Time
- To achieve specifically specified objectives, conduct surveys to gather economic data, compare previously provided data to current situations, and identify relationships between significant economic elements.
- Obtain and review current data, as well as conduct research to locate new data sources for analytic purposes.
- Contribute to analytical research projects on a range of economic policy issues for public and private sector clients (e.g. market research, surveys, project and impact evaluations, etc.)
- Plan the study, coordinate its execution, and report on its findings in response to issues raised by research sponsors, management, or senior workers.
- Collaborate with other economists and high-level executives to communicate and deliver economic concepts and quantitative data to non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing.
- Analyze data with the use of mathematical models and statistical methods.
- Work with a senior economist to perform economic research, analyses and interpret data, develop benefit estimates, and report results.
- To evaluate and forecast market activity, it’s vital to look back at historical trends.
- Contribute to the development of the department’s toolbox and products to satisfy business demands, including the introduction of innovative and creative solutions.
- Determines and proposes delivery schedules and methods for economic and financial data to meet specified reporting standards, processes, and procedures; aids in the establishment of budget and economic goals and objectives that align with strategic planning activities.
- Three semester hours of statistics, accounting, or calculus were necessary in addition to at least 21 semester hours of economics.
- Research in economics on entrepreneurship and small business, as well as employment and labor market dynamics, is critical.
- Teaching responsibilities in a college or institution that included both classroom instruction and one of the following: (1) personal research that gave proof of results, (2) supervision of graduate economics theses, or (3) employment as a consultant or adviser on technical economics problems.
- To be considered for the position, the candidate must be self-motivated, eager to learn, and capable of taking on leadership responsibilities.
- Writing and public speaking abilities that can be customized to many audiences, including corporate, media/press, academic/technical/political audiences.