26 May 2023
Full-Time Geotechnical Engineer – Chandernagore
You will be working with some of the best minds in the industry, on a variety of different projects, in a fast-paced atmosphere. It’s a great chance to join a developing firm that works with a wide range of customers on a number of environmental initiatives.
Job Title : Geotechnical Engineer
Location : Chandernagore, West Bengal, India
Salary : $ 27.85 per hour.
Company : Tectonic Engineering Consultants, Geologists
Job Type : Full-Time
- All problems, cost and time overruns or client-requested scope adjustments, prospective liability exposure or anything else that may affect the project’s effective and safe execution should be reported to your Project Manager immediately.
- Mastering Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software like ArcGIS, CAD, and SQL is essential for success in the job market. Basic building and mechanical knowledge are useful in understanding remedial systems.
- Planning and preparing for field work, supervising drilling and well installation, documenting soil boreholes, and deploying, operating, and maintaining remedial systems are typical activities. Soil and groundwater samples will be collected in the field for contamination testing.
- In order to transmit this information to management, daily reports will need to be prepared and updated. It is important for a corporation to maintain its inventory as well as transfer samples.
- Requests and documents should be technically accurate, clear, understandable, and in line with existing rules, instructions, and processes if extra information is needed.
- Some examples of project management are coming up with ideas and estimates, coming up with ways to fix mistakes, keeping an eye on the implementation and construction, and giving advice.
- As part of their duties, drillers are responsible for a variety of tasks, including the positioning of drilling equipment, the communication of management goals to drill crews, and the maintenance of contact with drillers in order to keep management informed about mechanical issues, hole quality, and surveys.
- Assist in the development of water quality monitoring programs and the evaluation of environmental sampling findings for projects allocated to waste facilities.
- For submissions to Solid Waste & Waste Cleanup, evaluate geological and risk assessment documents with District or applicable Division personnel. You should thoroughly review any extra site rehabilitation plans and documentation that your supervisors or managers have provided you to complete projects.
- A few of the things they may be asked to accomplish include looking into remediation methods, developing remedial system designs, conducting feasibility studies, preparing groundwater monitoring plans and reports, and preparing technical publications.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in geology, as well as a minimum of 20 semester hours in mathematics or physics from an approved college or university in order to apply. Additional requirements include having a bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant subject, such as biology or chemistry.
- The ability to compile and illustrate geological data using Microsoft’s tools; meticulousness and exactness in documentation Multi-tasking and project coordination
- To conduct field and site inspections relating to the installation of groundwater monitoring wells at solid waste facilities and inspections in accordance with the solid waste service level for closed landfills.
- An environment in a mining or manufacturing plant might expose workers to dangerous conditions, including extremes in temperature or humidity, electrical shocks, and toxic substances.
- Your qualifications must include one year of GS-7-level work experience or training. Soil and rock sample data collection and analysis are necessary to meet this need. You also need to have given higher-level specialists with standard data, performed research and investigations as well as aid in the location of and sale of minerals.