25 May 2023
Full-Time General Dentist Associate – Port Harcourt
Dentists are qualified independent practitioners who practice dentistry and provide oral healthcare and follow-up to their patients. When providing treatment and preventative services, the dentist adheres to all state and federal laws and regulations as well as state dental board recommendations. To help patients receive better care, the dentist works with a multidisciplinary team to provide integrated treatment. He or she also engages in quality improvement, peer review, and evaluation activities.
Job Title : General Dentist Associate
Location : Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Salary : $ 75.82 per hour.
Company : PDC Professional Employment Company Co
Job Type : Full-Time
- Examines people’s teeth and associated oral tissues utilizing x-rays, mouth mirrors, and other diagnostic processes and technology to determine abnormal or irregular conditions.
- Auxiliary and clerical staff are well-trained and informed in their roles. As needed, provides feedback to clinic management on the job performance of auxiliary and clerical personnel.
- Follow all applicable federal, state, local, and dental clinic rules, regulations, protocols, and procedures governing dentistry, including those governing personnel matters, workplace safety, public health, and confidentiality.
- Contribute to a collaborative and team-oriented environment by collaborating with other clinical and non-clinical staff members as needed.
- Document all patient-dentist interactions in the patient’s dental record as they happen so that the record accurately reflects the nature of the encounter, the patient’s condition, and the care or treatment given. Make any appropriate written referrals and, if needed, get written approval.
- The dentist must be able to treat infections of the mouth and gums by using appropriate medical medications for the patient or using the most appropriate surgery.
- Examines people’s mouths to determine what type of restoration is required, as well as whether dental and prosthetic equipment is required.
- At the appointed hour, reports to the allotted facility to inspect, oversee, and give dental care/treatment to referred patients.
- Utilizing opportunities for continuous education and training to improve your clinical skills and knowledge.
- Makes necessary suggestions for operations that can’t be performed at the institution.
- Current, valid dental license in the state where services are supplied (in good standing) or eligibility for licensure in the state where services are delivered.
- Communication skills are essential.
- A current and valid CPR card (American Heart Association).
- Acquire and maintain a high level of clinical dentistry knowledge, focusing on topics that are useful in a dental clinic setting, such as pediatric dentistry, emergency dental treatment, extractions, and dental care prevention.
- The applicant should have a strong sense of leadership and a strong desire to learn and grow.