18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Freelance Proofreader – Bonny
The Proofreader’s primary responsibility will be to proofread and/or copyedit documents that have been prepared by attorneys, clients, and support employees, including those that have been typed, scanned, or written by hand. The Proofreader should have excellent command of the English language, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation, as well as a working knowledge of legal jargon. It’s important for proofreaders to be able to operate both independently and collaboratively.
Job Title : Freelance Proofreader
Location : Bonny, Rivers, Nigeria
Salary : $ 26.83 per hour.
Company : NEW POST
Job Type : Full-Time
- Utilize technology to accomplish proofreading/copyediting services quickly, such as electronic work logs, instant messaging, track changes for feedback, and ChangePro for electronic review.
- Documents with red flags should be sent back to the appropriate people to be fixed, and then compared to the original.
- Don’t lose track of everything that’s been revised and proofread.
- If you need to make corrections to your paper’s spelling, grammar, or word usage, do it in the original hard copy or electronic copy. Assist the department manager in developing writing guidelines or style recommendations for departmental distribution, if necessary.
- Windows and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience is required, and familiarity with the internet is a bonus.
- To find and mark any grammatical, typographical, or compositional flaws, read the original copy or drafts.
- Communicate with coworkers, lawyers, and management to get a handle on tasks and communicate any necessary changes to paperwork.
- You should proofread materials to make sure they are error-free grammatically and visually. Use a proofreading code to indicate where changes need to be made in the manuscript.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and verbal abilities with a keen eye for detail and the capacity to manage numerous projects at once.
- 5+ years of proofreading experience, particularly in a law firm setting.
- Engage in productive conversations at all levels of the organization, from upper management to support personnel to the company’s top brass, while maintaining a professional demeanor throughout.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter, who understands the details within a much larger context.
- Be able to keep sensitive information about the company’s operations and employees secret at all times.
- Capacity to work well under stress and to adapt quickly and favorably to new circumstances and possibilities
- The need to encourage collaboration is urgent. Get your goals, plans, opportunities, successes, and failures through to the right individuals.