19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Forest Officer Firefighter – Ikorodu
Firefighters respond to calls for fire suppression, hazardous materials response, and rescue operations within their jurisdiction; they also control crowds and traffic at emergency scenes; they provide medical assistance at the First Responder level when necessary; and they perform other related tasks as needed. Firefighters are required to have a valid driver’s license. This class follows certain processes but makes decisions about how and when to complete tasks; work is checked on a regular basis by the supervisor.
Job Title : Forest Officer Firefighter
Location : Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Salary : $ 12.89 per hour.
Company : Richmond County Ambulance Service
Job Type : Full-Time
- To be able to carry out all of the aforementioned duties without putting one’s self or others’ safety at risk.
- During the shift, both the inside and exterior of the fire station must be kept clean. Kitchen and bathroom facilities also need to be sanitized.
- There are various reports that a fireman must prepare and document upon arriving on the scene, such as occupancy plans, inspections and alarms reports as well as size-up information.
- Contribute favorably to regional and corporate goals as a valued part of the team by fostering good relationships with coworkers.
- Make sure the automobile you’ve been given is working correctly on a daily basis as your primary responsibility. Maintaining adequate fluid levels is only one of the many responsibilities of a mechanic. Refueling and cleaning the car are optional but highly recommended.
- Additionally, firefighters assist with customer contacts, install smoke detectors, attend community events and schools, and educate people of all ages on the need of fire and life safety.
- employ a range of firefighting and rescue equipment, including hand tools, power tools, and smoke ejectors You will also utilize various tools to gain entry into structures, such as axes and pike poles.
- In the case of a hazardous material spill or a bomb threat, take immediate action. Avoid damaging the surface drainage system by constructing dikes or storing hazardous items in a way that prevents their release.
- When a wildfire breaks out, a fireman jumps into action, undertaking rescue and entry operations as well as ventilation and salvage efforts to aid the effort. They also search for and rescue persons who are trapped in buildings and carry out these duties.
- the job of firefighters is to maintain emergency equipment and execute fire and life safety inspections on both residential and commercial sites, as well as to react to emergency calls in a safe and quick way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with coworkers, to recognize and accept lines of authority, and to maintain cordial relationships with members of the public
- To keep their job, employees must have all of their needed licenses valid and active at all times. They must also carry their licenses with them at all times while on duty.
- You must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Every year, the employee must complete 240 hours of CPR and first aid training.
- It is necessary to have a physical examination in accordance with NFPA 1582. To move or lift anything, you’ll need to be able to apply up to 100 pounds of force on a regular or irregular basis.