17 Mar 2023
Full-Time Firefighter/EMT/Paramedic – Entry Level – Arcot
As a firefighter, you’re accountable for the safety and security of the places you’re assigned to guard. As a visible deterrent to crime and client rule breaches, our Firefighters also report suspicious, unsafe or illegal behaviors that may threaten the property, clients, visitors or workers at the site to the appropriate authorities.
Job Title : Firefighter/EMT/Paramedic – Entry Level
Location : Arcot, Tamil Nadu, India
Salary : $ 15.87 per hour.
Company : National Park Service
Job Type : Full-Time
- A firefighter is in charge of making sure emergency equipment is in good working order by having it checked on a regular basis and maintaining it, as well as responding to emergency calls and operating the equipment needed to handle the situation.
- The ability to carry out all of the responsibilities listed above without endangering oneself or others.
- Coworkers and corporate goals will benefit from your excellent contributions as a valued part of the team.
- you check on the assigned vehicle every day to make sure it’s in good working order. You check fluid levels by gauge or manually, and you also control the pumps and make sure everything on the vehicle is working properly. If necessary, refuel and clean the car.
- Those who work in the fire service must be prepared to complete a significant quantity of paperwork. It includes pre-occupation planning, inspection reports, alarm event reports, and a size-up, among other things.
- All aspects of the suppression of a fire, including rescue, entry and ventilation are included in this role; inhabitants are rescued and occupants are ventilated as well as salvaged.
- During a shift, the fire station must be kept clean both inside and out. Kitchen and bathroom sanitation are also necessary.
- Hand tools, power tools, and smoke ejectors are among the equipment you’ll need in your job as a firefighter. Houses will be broken into with axes and pike poles, among other things.
- It is the responsibility of firemen to help with customer interactions as well as installing smoke detectors, visiting community events and school activities to spread awareness about the importance of fire and life safety.
- Respond to spills of hazardous materials and bomb threats. In order to avoid pollution of the surface drainage system, construct dikes or confine hazardous compounds in a way that prevents their release.
- Certifications in CPR and first aid are essential, as is the ability to complete 240 hours of training each year in addition to the requirements of the work.
- Having the ability to communicate successfully at all levels of the company, including the public and other workers, is critical.
- Possessing the capacity to collaborate with others, to identify and respect lines of authority, and to maintain cordial interactions with members of the public are all desirable characteristics.
- up-to-date copies of all necessary licenses are required to be carried about at all times.
- Physical examination in accordance with the NFPA 1582 standard is necessary. One must be able to routinely and/or sometimes apply 100 pounds of force in order to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move anything at all.