17 Mar 2023
Part-Time Firefighter (Emergency Response Officer) – Alexandria
First responder level medical assistance may be provided by an emergency response fireman who responds to calls within their jurisdiction. Following a series of procedures, students in this class may make their own judgments about what and when they should be doing.
Job Title : Firefighter (Emergency Response Officer)
Location : Alexandria, Al-Iskandariyyah, Egypt
Salary : $ 13.65 per hour.
Company : National Park Service
Job Type : Part-Time
- Keeping the fire station both inside and out, including mopping floors, washing windows, sweeping, dusting, maintaining the storage, plowing paths, and cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms, is the primary responsibility of the shift.
- the job of firefighters is to maintain emergency equipment and execute fire and life safety inspections on both residential and commercial sites, as well as to react to emergency calls in a safe and quick way.
- As a team player, contribute positively to regional and corporate goals.
- Be ready to respond to a hazardous material spill or a bomb threat. Construct dikes or store hazardous items so that they cannot be washed into the drainage system.
- There will be a great deal of paperwork for firemen to fill out on the job. Pre-occupation planning, inspection reports, alarm event reports, and a size-up are all included in the package.
- All aspects of the suppression of a fire, including rescue, entry and ventilation are included in this role; inhabitants are rescued and occupants are ventilated as well as salvaged.
- Make sure the automobile you’ve been given is working correctly on a daily basis as your primary responsibility. Maintaining adequate fluid levels is only one of the many responsibilities of a mechanic. Refueling and cleaning the car are optional but highly recommended.
- Ability to accomplish all vital work responsibilities without endangering one’s own or others’ safety.
- Hand tools, power tools, and smoke ejectors are just some of the things firefighters and rescuers may make use of. Other tools, such as axes and pike poles, will be used to gain entry into houses.
- It is the responsibility of firemen to help with customer interactions as well as installing smoke detectors, visiting community events and school activities to spread awareness about the importance of fire and life safety.
- Collaborative efforts with colleagues, deference to authority, and decency toward others at work and in public are all expected.
- employees must keep their licenses active and up-to-date at all times. Carrying the license at all times while on duty is also a condition of employment.
- You must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- The NFPA 1582 standard requires a physical assessment. Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving anything requires the ability to habitually and/or sometimes use 100 pounds of force.
- CPR and first aid certifications, as well as the capacity to complete 240 hours worth of training every year in addition to the hours spent on duty, are also required.