Full-Time Finance Analyst – Budget Development – Bahrain
The Budget Analyst is responsible for preparing and analyzing the budget in advance. Operational budgets are examined; statistical data and reports on budgetary operations are compiled; legislative appropriation proposals are reworked, as well as other needed reports. Advising and assisting with budgeting concerns for the department’s workforce. A wide range of software programs are used by the Budget Analyst in the course of his or her duties. These include Excel, Access, Word, HHSAS, CAPPS, and ABEST, among others. While working under the Budget Manager’s supervision, budget analysts have a lot of leeway in their decision-making.
Job Title : Finance Analyst – Budget Development
Location : Bahrain, Bahrain, Bahrain
Salary : $ 38.47 per hour.
Company : Ramp
Job Type : Full-Time
- Short and long-term financial status, as well as multi-year forecast models, are created by preparing statistical analyses of trends and evaluating revenue and expenditure trends, comparing them to the forecasted revenues and expenditures, identifying control issues, recommending budget adjustments or recommending bonding opportunities.
- Performs additional allocated activities and obligations that are not expressly specified in the employment description but fall within the broad occupational category and responsibility level normally associated with the employee’s class of work.
- Maintain frequent communication with the Vice President’s and Secretary’s Office of Budget on any budget-related matters affecting the department. Compile the budget narrative for evaluation and approval by the Departmental Administrator.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy while responding to queries about allocated program areas from both internal and external sources.
- In order to consistently and effectively monitor performance, the incumbent must integrate with a department operation team for a short- or long-term assignment, establish rapport, and use analytical criteria. It is critical to be able to set and adhere to deadlines.
- This individual gathers information from multiple departments and creates a budget plan; they then advise the various departments on how much money they believe they need.
- This division works closely with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Office of Finance on a variety of operational and financial challenges to ensure that all grant applications for the Agency are appropriately handled.
- The investigation of financial challenges, evaluation and analysis of financial data and trends, projections of future resource availability and recommendations for corrective actions are all part of this process.
- Monitors workload, special projects, and assignments to ensure that quality and timeliness requirements are followed, and meets regularly with employees to discuss and address priorities, workload, resource allocation, technical challenges, and performance evaluation.
- Among its objectives are to oversee the yearly City budget planning and review process, as well as to design and maintain budget standards, rules, and schedules. Also available here is the city’s final budget.
- For this role, you must additionally have four (4) years of professional management experience in budget and grant preparation/administration.
- Working with big datasets and using integrated software solutions and business intelligence tools demands a good aptitude for and experience with large datasets.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, strong communication and writing skills, multitasking ability, self-motivation, and team player. Knowledge of computer/graphics/desktop and Internet software is required.
- An understanding of the theories, ideas, and best practices of public sector finance and budget management, such as budgeting at the project level, resource allocation, and annual financial reporting, is required.
- Master’s degree in accounting, business/public management, finance, economics, quantitative analysis, or a closely related discipline from an approved institution or university.