26 May 2023
Full-Time Entry Level Landscape Architect – Wah Cantonment
As a member of the department, you will contribute to the department’s professional expertise and participate in the analysis of planned projects in the City, such as landscape plans and irrigation plans. Site inspections and construction administration will be your responsibility to ensure that all work is done in line with the city’s regulations. Additional responsibilities include collaborating with both internal and external departments on landscape code upgrades, as well as providing new design concepts.
Job Title : Entry Level Landscape Architect
Location : Wah Cantonment, Punjab, Pakistan
Salary : $ 51.38 per hour.
Company : Insite Engineering, Surveying and Landscape Architecture, P.C.
Job Type : Full-Time
- Work closely with the planning department and other agencies to verify that the final landscaping and irrigation designs are in accordance with zoning restrictions before they are implemented.
- Co-ordinates and manages community engagement events in close collaboration with departmental agencies and board offices, as well as with community organizations and other stakeholders.
- Your duties as a manager include managing consultants, establishing performance standards, budgets, and evaluating their work.
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and LandFX skills are necessary, as well as the ability and initiative to generate new and aesthetically acceptable design solutions.
- In the case of hillside overlay sites, conduct a site inspection to confirm that all criteria, including as the maximum disturbance fence, landscape retention or removal, onsite grading, and preservation zones, are being adhered to
- Designs County Park facilities in response to input from the general public as well as from governmental entities such as the Department of Environmental Protection and local governments.
- It is necessary to do field research and documentation to assess current circumstances, review existing reports and data, inventory existing landscaping and improvement projects and identify development restrictions and possibilities.
- Work with engineers, planners, architects, and agency personnel to develop a design that meets regulatory standards, adds value to the client, and is sustainable and resilient.
- Conduct on-site landscape inspections to confirm that the approved final landscape and irrigation plans are being implemented prior to the issue of the Certificate of Occupancy or the release of financial assurance money.
- Services include landscape architectural guidance and professional expertise, construction administration and inspection services, field investigations to obtain information for design and/or facilities-related work, facility/site condition evaluation and inspection, ADA compliance assessments, and narrative scoping programs for construction projects with program requirements and budget/cost estimates.
- This job requires multitasking and the ability to self-manage schedules depending on project management needs or milestones.
- Layout and construction methods for landscape architecture based on current technology, design ideas, and certain aspects of engineering principles
- A bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or a closely related discipline from an approved institution is required at the entry level. One year of experience working for a government agency is preferred, but not essential. Work experience may be more valuable than a four-year college degree in certain cases.
- Principles and practices of landscape architecture; drafting procedures and practices; planting and construction materials and how to use them in landscape projects are some of the things you need to know.
- Supervises the preparation of contract plans, specifications, estimates, bid packages, and other contract documentation for his assigned construction projects.