Full-Time Design Director – Keffi
We’re searching for a multi-hyphenate Design Director to join our creative team. In addition to photography, motion graphics, packaging, product drawings, layouts, graphics, and environmental design, the ideal applicant has a strong background in art direction or design. You love customer-focused visual solutions. You are a problem solver. You like collaborating with colleagues from other departments to develop great marketing campaigns and product experiences. Most importantly, you are a leader who can encourage outstanding design thinking within the creative group and build a clear vision for our visual identity.
Job Title : Design Director
Location : Keffi, Nasarawa, Nigeria
Salary : $ 43.97 per hour.
Company : Shopify
Job Type : Full-Time
- In the face of uncertainty, be excited about design discovery. Work with creative directors on a range of projects to develop campaign concepts and ideas.
- Ensure that the efforts you lead go above and beyond their planned goals, and that they unearth additional opportunities inside the client’s company.
- Responsible for maintaining an in-depth understanding of the company’s strategy and brand goals, as well as for keeping the brand moving forward while interacting with partners across the Creative, Marketing, Product, Editorial, and Affiliate divisions, among other things.
- Develop creative and management techniques for our Design Team that will enable them to generate work they are proud of, while also acting as a role model for other designers to follow.
- The designer oversees the whole process personally and actively to guarantee that the product is as good as it can be before any samples are manufactured.
- Lead the development and expansion of a collection of best-in-class, customer-first visual assets for use in a variety of advertising, marketing, and product projects.
- All of our touch points will continue to be influenced by our brand standards (such as typeface and material choices, color schemes) in the future.
- It is your job to provide business advice to clients and coworkers on how to solve difficulties while also meeting the needs of the company’s brand and its customers. Work closely with our in-house Creative Department as well as our in-house Project Management Team and Account Management Team.
- come up with innovative design ideas, you’ll need to have some courage and some foresight.
- Respond to teachers, staff, and students’ technical requests in a timely way by being proactive and providing exceptional customer service. This includes answering calls, e-mails, walk-ins, and other kinds of technical requests in a customer pleasant and efficient manner.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, with a focus on design, in the context of integrated initiatives including digital, social, or new media.
- Adaptability and self-assurance are essential (from startups to corporations to schools and beyond). a quick learner who can step in when needed.
- The ability to skillfully blend font, color, and composition in order to satisfy branding and marketing objectives is clearly shown through a strong portfolio.
- The ability to show a full understanding of how creativity may be employed to achieve business objectives while also adhering to and supporting brand standards for aesthetics and communication quality is crucial.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating an excellent inter-disciplinary approach to design and visual solutions throughout the disciplines of digital, experiential, retail and product/service design as well as storytelling.