25 May 2023
Full-Time Deli Cook – Doha
A cook is a trained chef who has worked in a professional kitchen and can prepare a variety of dishes. This job serves as the lead cook for each site while the on-duty Chef or Sous Chefs are gone, and it may also undertake basic supervisory duties. A cook is in charge of preparing outstanding cuisine for guest restaurants, staff dining rooms, and catered special occasions. This is an incredible chance for any culinary professional aspiring to be a Sous or Executive Chef.
Job Title : Deli Cook
Location : Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Salary : $ 13.83 per hour.
Company : Priority Life Care
Job Type : Full-Time
- The Cook follows the facility menu when preparing and serving meals, which may include texture modified and therapeutic diets.
- In the absence of the Head Chef or Sous Chef, is responsible for keeping the kitchen safe and efficient.
- As directed by the Executive Chef, prepare high-quality hot and cold foods.
- The Cook must be well-organized, properly attired, and professional. He or she must also be a team player who collaborates well.
- In order to efficiently plan production requirements and request supplies and equipment, this individual evaluates goods, reviews menus, estimates food requirements, verifies production, and keeps records.
- All kitchen facilities, including storage shelves, passageways, workstations, walk-ins, refrigerators, and coolers, must be kept clean and orderly.
- Meets company requirements by meeting scheduling requirements such as nights, weekends, and holidays.
- A cook is responsible for setting up, food preparation, organization, sanitation, and food and beverage item manufacturing, as well as closing and storing individual work stations.
- Assist with cleaning equipment and dishwashing machines as needed to ensure the cleanliness of all kitchen spaces, tools, and utensils.
- It’s important to lift up to 20 pounds, push/pull up to 40 pounds, and carry up to 30 pounds, as well as stand and walk frequently.
- If you are 18 years old or older, you must be able to pass a background check that includes, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, past employment, education, and personal references, as per Company policy, unless federal, state, or provincial legislation prohibits it.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent; a culinary degree is preferable.
- A year of cooking experience in a high-volume, fast-paced kitchen is required.
- All state-mandated health department and food safety standards, as well as the Executive Chef’s expectations, including HACCP and ServSafe concepts, must be followed.
- Ability to prioritize projects and work together with a variety of management.