25 May 2023
Full-Time Data Curator – Hadji Muhtamad
In order to fill the job of Curator, the Center is looking for an exceptionally competent candidate. This role assists with the administration and supervision of the museum’s collection and department personnel. Under the broad direction of the Chief Curator, most of the work is done independently.
Job Title : Data Curator
Location : Hadji Muhtamad, Basilan Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 25.32 per hour.
Company : CNBC
Job Type : Full-Time
- actively participating in the long-term production and maintenance of collections and information relating to such collections or shows
- Set up and keep strong, proactive partnerships with other municipal agencies, outside suppliers, programming partners, and educational institutions, among other things, to help you do your job better.
- Acquainted with the most recent developments with historical scholarship, as well as cutting-edge research and new historical arguments, as well as chances to incorporate modern historical knowledge into programs.
- Make sure volunteers have enough training by helping recruit volunteers, assigning them to the right positions, and supervising their placements.
- Conducts daily collection management tasks under the supervision of and with the participation of the collection manager. Oversees the museum’s custodial responsibility for the acquisition and preservation of items, including the development of acquisition, preservation, and conservation procedures for antiquities, art, photography, and documentary records.
- Help the museum system keep up its efforts to be diverse, equitable, accessible, and inclusive with its programs, staff, and public interactions by meeting the cognitive, physical, and social/emotional needs of a wide range of people.
- The history of computers, including its design, technological advances, cultural impact, and historical significance should be studied independently and published in peer-reviewed studies.
- To ensure projects are of the utmost quality and are completed on time and within budget, the Director of Exhibitions and Publications is responsible for overseeing major exhibition and publication projects that travel both nationally and internationally, conducting research and coordinating exhibition preparation and soliciting loans.
- Contacting the general public may be accomplished by a variety of methods, including phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings. This role requires the ability to conduct basic reference checks and follow standard operating procedures. This person is in charge of making sure everything is done to the highest standards of precision and completeness. In compliance with departmental policy, all interactions are documented.
- Agreements with repositories and gift deeds are negotiated. Assesses gifts and purchases, manages loan agreements, and ensures that stated regulations are followed.
- A strong work-life balance, openness to others’ opinions, and a willingness to accept constructive criticism are some of the qualities needed to be successful in the workplace. You’ll also need to be self-assured and motivated if you want to succeed in your new career as an executive.
- Create digital collections, finding aids, and other archive description components, such as metadata, with the capacity to do so.
- A demonstrated capacity to cooperate with others, including workers, volunteers, and members of the general public, in a mutually beneficial way.
- The ability to effectively interact with both internal teams and external stakeholders; experience with public speaking; and a thorough working knowledge of museum best practices are all prerequisites.
- The equivalent of a four-year term of study in museum work or a related subject matter area.