26 May 2023
Part-Time Crane Operator – Purulia
Operator of a Crane Is responsible for loading, unloading, moving, and positioning heavy cargo and equipment at various job locations using cranes with telescoping and lattice booms under the following conditions. Examines wires for damage and replaces them as needed. The ideal applicant will be able to load, unload, transport, and place heavy cargo and equipment using cranes with telescoping and lattice booms. Operates machinery and does operator maintenance. Examines wires for damage and replaces them as needed.
Job Title : Crane Operator
Location : Purulia, West Bengal, India
Salary : $ 27.86 per hour.
Company : The de Moya Group, Inc.
Job Type : Part-Time
- This job demands the ability to read and understand instruction manuals, blueprints, drawings, and specifications, as well as the capacity to calculate load weights, wire, sheaves, and fitting sizes using arithmetic.
- Securing rigging, installing loads, detaching ropes, and returning them to storage racks are all responsibilities that must be fulfilled before a load may be moved.
- Work with riggers and truck drivers to hoist products and other cargo using radio or visual signals and other communication methods.
- Follow all necessary corporate, customer, and health and safety rules, as well as any other applicable criteria, such as weight and size limits, with utmost understanding and adherence
- Inspects crane for broken parts and notifies supervisor of any defects or problems. Maintains the cranes and lifting mechanism’s cleanliness and functionality.
- Using the control panel, you can keep track of what’s going on and make changes to the process. Follow all safety rules and regulations while doing regular preventative maintenance.
- Ascend a vertical ladder (to a height of 25 feet), check the crane and cab, complete inspection documentation, operate the crane (4 hand levers, 1 foot brake), and fulfil steel orders.
- Pallet lifters, magnets, vacuum lifters, Posi-turners, spreader bars, softeners, tape measures, hammers, punches, pliers, crescent wrenches, and paint stick markers will all be employed.
- Performs the tasks of a Rigger once the Crane Operator responsibilities are accomplished and the workload for the primary job above allows.
- Capable of working in all types of weather and reporting any and all occurrences in real time. As instructed by management, performs a variety of tasks. All of this is required for this job.
- To assure the continued, needed level of physical health and capacity or fitness to execute the requirements of the position, a pre-employment physical examination and an annual physical examination are required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience operating equipment is required.
- Previous experience operating a cab and bridge crane (or a comparable kind) from heights of 30 feet or more and spans of 60 feet or more.
- Certification by NCCCO or CIC. Medical card issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT) is valid. Safety Department, Equipment Manager, or Operations Manager certifications or approvals are required. Local jurisdiction demands a license (DC requires operators to be licensed). Practical exam must be passed.
- Ability to ensure that all safety and housekeeping regulations are followed, that machine capacity is not exceeded, and that all tools, supplies, and equipment are properly accounted for and secured at the conclusion of each workday.