19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Crane Operator – Bato
Crane Operator Operates cranes with telescoping and lattice booms to load, unload, transport, and position large freight and equipment at various job sites under the following conditions. Examines cables for signs of wear and replaces them as necessary. The ideal candidate will be able to use cranes with telescoping and lattice booms to load, unload, move, and put huge items and equipment. Operator maintenance is performed on the equipment that he or she is in charge of. Examines cables for signs of wear and replaces them as necessary.
Job Title : Crane Operator
Location : Bato, Camarines Sur Province, Philippines
Salary : $ 27.7 per hour.
Company : Colonna’s Shipyard, Inc
Job Type : Full-Time
- Acknowledge and comply with any applicable corporate, customer, and health-and-safety rules, as well as any other applicable criteria, such as weight and size limitations.
- Examine the crane and cab, fill up inspection forms, operate the crane (4 hand levers, 1 foot brake), and complete steel orders by climbing a vertical ladder (to a height of 25 feet).
- The following tools will be used: chains, nylon slings, pallet lifters, magnets, vacuum lifters, Posi-turner, spreader bar, softeners, tape measure, hammer, punches, pliers, crescent wrench, and paint stick marker.
- Inspects crane for broken parts and notifies supervisor of any defects or problems. Maintains the cranes and lifting mechanism’s cleanliness and functionality.
- Ability to read and understand instructions manuals, blueprint, drawings & specifications as well as calculate load weights and wire, sheaves & fitting sizes using mathematics is required.
- When the Crane Operator tasks have been completed, and when the workload for the primary job above allowed, does the work of a Rigger.
- Adaptable to all types of weather and capable of reporting in real time on any circumstance. As ordered by management, carries out different obligations.
- The control panel allows you to keep track of activities and make modifications to the process. All jobs are completed in compliance with safety regulations and legislation, as well as general preventative maintenance.
- To hoist products and other cargo, communicate with riggers and truck drivers via radio or visual signals and other means of communication.
- Attach rigging to the load, check the travel route, blow a whistle, alert the crane operator, lead the load to the destination, place the load, unhook rigging, and return to the storage rack.
- Extensive previous expertise operating a cab and bridge crane (or an equivalent kind) from heights of 30 feet or more and with spans reaching 60 feet or more is required.
- An annual physical examination is necessary as part of this position’s pre-employment screening process to verify that the physical health and ability to perform the duties of this position is maintained.
- The ability to ensure that safety and housekeeping regulations are followed, machine capacities aren’t exceeded, and tools, supplies, and equipment are appropriately stored and accounted for at the conclusion of each workday is essential.
- Certification by NCCCO or CIC. Medical card issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT) is valid. Safety Department, Equipment Manager, or Operations Manager certifications or approvals are required. Local jurisdiction demands a license (DC requires operators to be licensed). Practical exam must be passed.
- It is necessary to have at least 1-2 years of experience operating heavy machinery.