17 Mar 2023
Full-Time Controller Real Estate – Johannesburg
It is the Financial Controller’s job to ensure that the company’s finances are running smoothly and efficiently. With this position, you will manage all of the company’s financial operations. An experienced manager, strong manager, and quick learner is what we’re looking for to help the firm expand and scale more effectively by making process changes to the current systems in place.
Job Title : Controller Real Estate
Location : Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa
Salary : $ 37.26 per hour.
Company : Hampton Domestics
Job Type : Full-Time
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching old and new pieces of law, predicting new pieces of legislation, enforcing adherence to regulations, submitting financial reports, and providing advice to management on appropriate courses of action.
- Executes investigations in the areas of research and analysis, resulting in reports that include assessments of profitability and return on investment, as well as cost data comparisons to support findings and recommendations.
- As required, study, develop, and execute Finance Department projects such as software and system installation and other departmental or firm-wide enhancements.
- Responds to specific reports and interpretations of financial results and associated systems, as well as possible issue areas, as requested by Property Management at all levels.
- Ensures that the company’s assets are effectively managed by establishing suitable accounting systems for revenue recognition and expense accruals.
- Plans, oversees, and provides assistance to the team in the performance of daily, weekly, and monthly accounting procedures to ensure accurate recording, categorization, and management of financial transactions.
- Internal and external rules and directives must be adhered to at all times, and accounting controls must be put in place and maintained to achieve this need.
- Maintains equipment inventories, assesses new equipment and methods, and creates preventive maintenance standards and service contracts.
- The financial analyst reviews the budget and financial reporting. He or she also contributes to the financial planning. Maintain communication between internal management and the organization’s parent corporation.
- Ensure that the process of filing tax returns and distributing quarterly tax payments is carried out in a timely and accurate manner by working with internal constituents as well as external tax consultants. This should be done with consideration given to local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Those that are proactive are self-starters who are able to solve difficulties on their own without the continual supervision of others. Always seeks new responsibility while asking for, and responding to, constructive critiques.
- The job outcomes of the financial staff are supported by activities such as coaching, counseling, and penalizing personnel, as well as planning, monitoring, and reviewing work outputs.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in accounting, auditing, and finance necessary, with a proven understanding of accounting concepts and corporate taxes.
- A degree in accounting that is at least four years long or equivalent experience is required, in addition to five years of experience in accounting or a similar field, with at least one year spent in a supervisory role.
- Required education level is a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in economics, accounting, or finance. Master’s degree or another professional credential (such as Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant) is strongly desirable.