26 May 2023
Full-Time CNC Machinist / Programmer – Idah
Machine operators, such as Machinists, are responsible for setting up the machine, running it through its paces, and identifying problems, such as worn or broken cutting tools. An employee in this job is responsible for running production lots and communicating with coworkers about production runs.
Job Title : CNC Machinist / Programmer
Location : Idah, Kogi, Nigeria
Salary : $ 23.25 per hour.
Company : Trillium Staffing Solutions
Job Type : Full-Time
- Understanding and implementing verbal and written instructions and requirements is essential to planning and organizing work.
- In addition to utilizing hand tools and precision measuring devices, a machinist is responsible for setting up and operating a range of manual and CNC machine equipment, as well as conducting traditional shop calculations relating to project dimensions, tooling, and feeds.
- Find out how to build a product’s components using various techniques and sequences of activities, as well as figuring out the exact dimensions and tolerances that must be adhered to.
- Assemble and install maintenance, repaired, or replacement parts into the equipment to make sure that it works correctly and is safe.
- Work together with programmers to generate high-quality components by exchanging information.
- Take use of cutting-edge machining techniques to produce the necessary number of component parts.
- Observe safety protocols such as Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO), Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, and the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (PPE)
- Construct solutions to issues using tools, materials, programs, and equipment. Find and recommend adjustments to component specs to improve machine performance.
- Equipment such as lathes, mills, and grinders must be maintained and operated.
- Inspect the final items thoroughly to ensure they are free of faults and meet all applicable criteria.
- Possess the capacity to perform precise measurements using precision equipment (e.g., calipers, micrometers, drop gages, and gage blocks).
- Extensive working knowledge of machine technology, construction, heavy industrial machinery, and power/control devices, as well as familiarity with metals’ working properties
- Two years of experience in mechanical or automotive engineering or an associate’s degree in the discipline is necessary.
- Ability to work in temperatures up to and including 120 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer is required.
- Manual, semi-automated, and automated tool and machine use and/or programming (lathes, grinders etc.)