19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Clinical Administrative – Doha
We have an urgent need for an experienced Healthcare Administrator in our neighborhood. The ideal applicant will have at least three years of relevant experience. They will also have a track record of providing outstanding treatment and customer service to residents, as well as a high survey record. The Healthcare Administrator is in charge of the day-to-day operations of the Healthcare Center, ensuring that the best quality care and customer service is delivered to its inhabitants at all times in line with relevant business, federal, state, and local regulations.
Job Title : Clinical Administrative
Location : Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Salary : $ 26.46 per hour.
Company : Charles B. Wang Community Health Center
Job Type : Full-Time
- Residents of the Healthcare Center benefit from a variety of programs and activities put together by the Center’s Activities Director. Junior supervisors, as well as other personnel and volunteers, are under the supervision of the Healthcare Center’s director.
- Reports are directed in the implementation of work plans and long and short-term goals. Supporting processes and systems, as well as site-level infrastructure, have been modified. The site’s objectives have been executed and finished.
- Personnel management includes everything from hiring and training employees to evaluating their performance and conducting professional development programs. Ensures that the department’s overall operational objectives are met or supported by the group’s productivity and activities.
- Honor patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training personnel; teaching, coaching, and directing work; performance evaluations, rewards and recognition, penalizing employees, handling complaints, and resolving disputes are all made easier.
- When a patient has a complaint, examine the circumstances and decide whether or not it is necessary to raise the issue to a higher level.
- Budgets for departmental employment, income, and/or expenses are developed and adhered to. Responds to business developments that might have an effect on the budget’s capacity to be met.
- Visible and present daily rounding for facilitation of patient flow as well as patient and provider satisfaction. Available for immediate and timely response to barriers or obstacles to daily workflows. Develop a staffing plan that meets both customer expectations and financial constraints. Create an environment where employee engagement and feedback facilitates positive change.
- Building and maintaining trustworthy relationships with healthcare providers via regular contact and coordination with physicians/providers is critical to ensure that scheduling, clinic workflow, and patient flow all function well.
- Collaborates with the other department managers in the community to ensure that resident’s get the best possible care at all times.
- A bachelor’s degree in health care, business administration, or a closely related discipline, from an authorized institution or university, is highly recommended.
- Experience in hospital administration and/or resident services for at least two years
- Workers, residents/patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and members of the general public must all be able to interact effectively.
- Must be familiar with all state and federal rules (including those governing Medicare reimbursement), as well as all laws, regulations, and standards governing long-term care management.
- Must be a leader with the skills and desire to work well with and oversee others.