19 Mar 2023
Full-Time Certified Spanish Interpreter/Translator – Cairo
There are a number of ways the Translator helps parents, community members and school staff communicate. Education-related texts are translated by the incumbent(s) and a glossary is kept up to date.
Job Title : Certified Spanish Interpreter/Translator
Location : Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
Salary : $ 25.6 per hour.
Company : BROOKLYN INSTITUTE OF ARTS AND SCIE
Job Type : Full-Time
- Conversations between parents and teachers about their children’s academic achievement, disciplinary concerns, medical emergencies, and other delicate matters are translated by the translator.
- This individual is responsible for reviewing papers that have been translated by others in the district. The teaching given by this instrument is beneficial to both schools and translation consultants alike.
- Capable of capturing geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural characteristics in text in general. The word choice and expression are typically consistent with target language (TL) norms and modes of expression unique to the subject area (s) and are robust enough to enable the translator to function progressively in that field.
- When translating medical and technical terms, the translator thoroughly studies and analyses them in both the source language and the target language to ensure that they are understood and translated correctly.
- Ensure that textual items such as flyer, social media postings, district-wide announcements/press releases, and other kinds of papers are accurately translated into whichever language they are intended for distribution.
- Translated District publications include school handbooks and advisories as well as school newsletters as well as forms, urgent phone calls to parents, medical warnings, legal issues, and sensitive information.
- Expertise in the utilization of reference resources. Must possess computer abilities, especially Microsoft Office, in order to generate written translations and products, as well as appropriate internet skills to do basic Web research.
- Databases are used to maintain track of the temporary employee pool’s assessment results, hours spent, training status, and other important data.
- Verify that translations are exact and full, and that the original text, meaning, and sentiment have not been altered in any way.
- Open and sort mail; create purchase order requisitions; verify and prepare invoice and stipend for payment; answer phone calls, welcome visitors, answer general inquiries; prepare purchase orders; prepare invoice and stipend for payment
- When interpreting in school and community contexts, you must have a valid driver’s license and be ready to utilize your own vehicle.
- Fluency in two languages at an educated native speaker level, as well as an awareness of the culture that underpins each language, is required for this qualification.
- Using and promoting communication skills while interacting with coworkers, pupils, and others to convey information
- A bachelor’s degree in translation, foreign language, or a similar discipline or equivalence is necessary, as well as proven interpersonal and writing and vocal communication abilities.
- A demonstration in a defined language that is superior to conversational competence, so that constituents with poor English language capacity may participate fully in the specified process.