18 Mar 2023
Full-Time Bus Driver – Muscat
A School Bus Driver is responsible for transporting all pupils between home and school in a safe, polite, and timely manner. Transports kids to and from specified stops while adhering to state legislation and department of education guidelines.
Job Title : Bus Driver
Location : Muscat, Masqaṭ, Oman
Salary : $ 27.6 per hour.
Company : Consolidated Bus Transit
Job Type : Full-Time
- Inspect all of the vehicle’s special equipment before and after each journey and submit the required papers to the administration.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude with coworkers, managers, and passengers, fostering corporate goodwill at all times.
- Control vehicle keys, fueling slip receipts, pre-trip and post-trip documentation, and turn them in to dispatch when required.
- Maintain the allocated bus’s cleanliness and hygienic conditions at all times by mopping, cleaning all seats and the roof, sweeping, and washing the bus.
- Before, during, and after each trip, inspect each vehicle using proper methods and fill out all appropriate papers and reports. Use safe and responsible practices to operate the vehicle and stop to enable people to board and exit.
- Safe and timely operation of a vehicle on a designated route for the transportation of people to and from predefined locations, as well as any connected activities.
- Maintain, read, and comprehend route sheets, including time modifications, and tell your supervisor promptly of any changes in the timetables. Stay on top of everyday tasks and additional travels by showing there on time and being minimally absent.
- Guarantee that the assigned vehicle and all of its component components are kept in accordance with the company’s requirements in order to ensure the vehicle’s safety, reduce wear, and prolong its lifetime.
- Maintain a professional look, which includes being dressed in accordance with business standards, well groomed, and adhering to excellent hygiene practices.
- Operate an adapted transportation lift in a safe and responsible manner to board and release disabled individuals.
- Class B or higher commercial driver’s license required, as well as endorsements for passenger and school bus.
- One of the most desirable qualities in a candidate is their ability to operate in a team and to step in when necessary.
- Wheelchairs and other ambulatory equipment up to 40 lbs. may be lifted, stored, dismantled, and reassembled by a caregiver for use by the passenger.
- School bus drivers often utilize an emergency brake lever or an air brake button to remove the emergency brake before loading or unloading students. This is common practice on certain types of school buses.
- At least three years of documented driving experience is required. In the preceding three years, there had been no more than two moving infractions and one avoidable accident.