This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
12 Feb 2023
Full-Time Bus Driver – Bankura
A School Bus Driver provides safe, polite, and on-time transportation for all kids between their homes and their respective schools. In line with state legislation and department of education standards, transport kids to and from authorized stops while keeping a safe and clean environment
Job Title : Bus Driver
Location : Bankura, West Bengal, India
Salary : $ 28.87 per hour.
Company : Healthcare Transportation
Job Type : Full-Time
- Provide assistance in getting individuals to and from designated locations and their related activities in a timely and safe manner. All passengers should be kept safe and secure.
- Fill out all appropriate paperwork and reports before, during, and after each voyage. Use suitable procedures to examine each vehicle. Operate and stop the vehicle as needed to allow individuals to enter or disembark.
- Perform complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the vehicle and its special equipment and provide the relevant paperwork to the administration.
- Maintain route logs, including time adjustments, and promptly alert the supervisor. Maintain positive work habits by completing daily responsibilities and additional visits on schedule.
- Assist people with disabilities in boarding and disembarking from wheelchair lifts in a safe and responsible manner.
- Make sure the bus you’ve been assigned is always a safe and clean place to be, which includes cleaning, wiping down all of the seats, sweeping, and washing the bus.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude with fellow employees, supervisors, passengers, always promoting company goodwill.
- Control vehicle keys, fueling slip receipts, pre-trip and post-trip forms while in possession, and turn in to dispatch as required by your supervisor.
- Maintain a professional look by dressing appropriately for the job, grooming neatly, and maintaining excellent hygiene.
- Make sure that the assigned vehicle and all of its component parts are maintained in compliance with the company’s standards in order to ensure the safety of the vehicle, decrease wear, and extend its lifespan.
- Be able to lift, store, and disassemble/assemble wheelchairs of a maximum weight of 40 pounds and/or any ambulatory equipment needed by the passenger.
- Class B or higher commercial driver’s license required, as well as endorsements for passenger and school bus driving.
- This role necessitates a team player with the ability to multitask, adapt, and fill in as needed.
- At least three years of documented driving experience is required. In the preceding three years, there had been no more than two moving infractions and one avoidable accident.
- Before students load or unload the bus, the driver steps on the emergency brake pedal or presses the air brake button, then pulls the lever or depresses the air brake button to release the brake.