25 May 2023
Full-Time Budget & Operations Manager – Kontagora
As a Budget Manager, you have the freedom to make your own decisions in the course of your work. All grants, procurement, budget preparation, Administrative Review Committee (ARC) contracts, and travel and purchase card permissions are overseen by the Budget Manager, who represents the State’s Attorney in public meetings, council sessions, and legislative hearings. They meet with other agency directors, deputy directors, elected and appointed officials to discuss management matters.
Job Title : Budget & Operations Manager
Location : Kontagora, Niger, Nigeria
Salary : $ 32.17 per hour.
Company : LJ Gonzer Associates
Job Type : Full-Time
- Operational programs are compared, and costs are calculated in relation to previous fiscal years’ services. The Supervisor receives reports with budget modification recommendations.
- Coordinates with the Office of Management and Budget Office of Finance on a variety of operating and budget preparation and execution issues for the assigned Division and the processing of all grants for the Agency, Budget for State’s Attorney Office is coordinated, analyzed, made, and kept an eye on (SAO).
- In collaboration with the Agency Budget Director, provide analytical support to assigned programs for business case development, forecasts, make-or-buy decisions, rate analysis, and other financial modeling and analyses.
- Supervise the daily budget operations for assigned agency programs. Assist program managers in assigned divisions with the development and execution of business strategies, guaranteeing their financial viability, and enabling the agency to reach customer satisfaction goals.
- Prepares and analyzes revenue and expenditure reports; advises supervisory employees on revenue and expenditure trends; and prepares quarterly revenue and expenditure reports to explain linkages between estimates and actual spending to support City budget reports.
- Examines data for special projects; collects, evaluates, and analyzes data; suggests, based on University policy, the service and staff levels needed for specific projects.
- Executes various activities and responsibilities as given, some of which may not be stated in the job description, but which fall within the overall occupational category and responsibility level normally associated with the employee’s class of work.
- Performs budget adjustments by examining accounting records and human costs data to calculate the financial resources necessary to execute program and presenting suggestions for budget allocations. This is done in order to identify how much money is needed to implement program.
- The Center’s annual budget and other funded budgets, as well as the forecasting of funds needed for workers, equipment, materials, supplies, and program activities, are overseen by the Center’s finance director. A financial expert who keeps tabs on and makes recommendations on budgetary costs
- Prepare financial and fiscal studies for OFM, legislative staff, senior management, and external stakeholders. Ensure correctness, completeness, and quality.
- Investigative and Analytical Capacity to assess and develop conclusions from data; to back proposals with facts and analysis; and to understand and implement rules, regulations, and policies. Capability to transmit thoughts and facts verbally and in writing using language that is easily understood by the intended audience.
- It is essential to have a minimum of four (4) years of professional management experience, in addition to being able to demonstrate an understanding of how to create and manage budgets and grants.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in finance, business, accounting, or public administration from an approved institution or university is required.
- The master’s degree in quantitative analysis requires accreditation in accounting, business/public management, financial and economic analysis, or a closely related area.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a comparable position; excellent organizational and people skills; good communication and writing skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and able to handle multiple responsibilities at once; good managerial skills and able to work and develop others as a team; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher), graphics/desktop and Internet software knowledge helpful.